PDA

View Full Version : mindee in danger

Baildon bears
17-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Had a bit of a fright last week, have a mindee for nearly a year, mindees mum and dad have split before mindee was born, dad has limited access, never met him or seen him my self. went to school to pick up eldest son had mindee and youngest son with me. mindee came up to me and said daddy is over there and burst into tears. got mindee in to school and safe, came out to get my kids and dad came up to me and was quite aggresive with me, rang mum who was really shocked, the police came to see her but were not interested.

Have logged everything with ofsted, was really shaken up, really annoyed that police were not interesed, feel like im not getting paid enough to put my own children and my self at risk, but feel really sorry for mindee who has improved so much since being with me.:(

www.baildonbears.co.uk

Tired
17-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Cant offer any advice, just wanted to say it sounds like you did the right thing. well done. Is the school aware of the incident? I assume they know that dad has only limited access.

Hopefully it was a one off and you will never see him again.

Playmate
17-06-2009, 07:38 PM
That must have been very frightening! I'm sure you did the right thing. Be sure to log everything. You are right though I don't think we do earn enough to put ourselves and family in danger :(

Baildon bears
17-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Cant offer any advice, just wanted to say it sounds like you did the right thing. well done. Is the school aware of the incident? I assume they know that dad has only limited access.

Hopefully it was a one off and you will never see him again.

yes school were aware, dad is not allowed to pick up from school, the scary thing is you feel safe in school play ground and the kids run about, he could of taken mindee under my nose.

misst104
17-06-2009, 07:42 PM
How awful. Well done for handling the situation so well. \hope it hasn't upset the lo too much :(

xxx jo

ORKSIE
17-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Sounds to me like you did great!
What a horrible position to be in, hope all is well now.
Cant believe the police were not interested:eek:

haribo
17-06-2009, 07:45 PM
what a horrible thing for you -and the kids :( what was he doing there was he trying to see mindee ?? and why on earth wernt the police interested . if theres limited access then he has broken the terms so she will have to try and get a court order to keep him away .. dont really know the legal stuff someone else will though . id see what happens you dont want to put you or your kids throuh hassle but if it gets dealt with as it should things may settle and it sounds like you bring some stability to the childs life poor mite . maybe you could get advice from the child protection team , you really need advice in case it happens again-also log everything down so you have the facts there . good luck x

Baildon bears
17-06-2009, 07:53 PM
what a horrible thing for you -and the kids :( what was he doing there was he trying to see mindee ?? and why on earth wernt the police interested . if theres limited access then he has broken the terms so she will have to try and get a court order to keep him away .. dont really know the legal stuff someone else will though . id see what happens you dont want to put you or your kids throuh hassle but if it gets dealt with as it should things may settle and it sounds like you bring some stability to the childs life poor mite . maybe you could get advice from the child protection team , you really need advice in case it happens again-also log everything down so you have the facts there . good luck x

he said he was there to pick up new girl friends child, but if that is true he should of warned mindees mum, mindee and me were really shocked and i reacted on mindees reaction as was frightened. If i see him at school i will ring the police myself, i dont want to be frightened every time i go to school.

Baildon bears
17-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Had a bit of a fright last week, have a mindee for nearly a year, mindees mum and dad have split before mindee was born, dad has limited access, never met him or seen him my self. went to school to pick up eldest son had mindee and youngest son with me. mindee came up to me and said daddy is over there and burst into tears. got mindee in to school and safe, came out to get my kids and dad came up to me and was quite aggresive with me, rang mum who was really shocked, the police came to see her but were not interested.

Have logged everything with ofsted, was really shaken up, really annoyed that police were not interesed, feel like im not getting paid enough to put my own children and my self at risk, but feel really sorry for mindee who has improved so much since being with me.:(

Lick'le Oakes
17-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh my word:panic: Hope you are all ok

wendywu
17-06-2009, 08:16 PM
I would have phoned the police myself about the dad threatening you, you do not have to put up with that at all. :panic:

Pudding Girl
17-06-2009, 08:17 PM
scary biscuits :panic:

Minstrel
17-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Is this posted twice ?

cos i'm confused!

sarah707
17-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Is this posted twice ? cos i'm confused!

I just had a fiddle and sorted it out! Feeling very pleased with myself now :D

You should contact the Safeguarding children Board and take advice ... that is what they are there for!

I hope it doesn't happen again xx

Baildon bears
17-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Is this posted twice ?

cos i'm confused!

yes acually three times, not sure what happened.

sarah707
17-06-2009, 08:46 PM
yes acually three times, not sure what happened.

I've sorted out the multiple postings. :D

Deb
17-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I think that on the whole dads, particularly estranged ones, get a bad deal - is there reason he cant pick the child up or is it because mum's being ****? (it happens!)

I think we need to keep an air of realism sometimes and recognise that estranged dads sometimes just want to see their children. That said it wasnt very thoughtful of him towards his child to just 'be there' like that, picking someone else's child up.

Do you have a plan for the future?

FizzysFriends
17-06-2009, 09:11 PM
If he has a reason to be there (picking up another child) then there is little you can do, so I would have a meeting with mom ASAP and come up with a plan.

Minstrel
17-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I just had a fiddle and sorted it out! Feeling very pleased with myself now :D

Wow how did you do that?