PDA

View Full Version : HANDBOOK FOR PARENTS PRE CONTRACT

It's a small world
17-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi

Just had a look around and don't seem to be able to find anything on this.

Getting together a parents handbook for when parents sign contract. It contains the usual example of contract/list of policies/list of permissions/ example of typical day/ sample of weekly menu etc.

Anyway, do any of you give parents a handbook whilst they are deciding whether or not to use you. I just don't want to give my parents handbook for them to just throw in the bin and decide not going to use me.Seems a waste of paper and ink when I can give to a possible parent.

Advice please.Hope it makes sense?

Pipsqueak
17-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Get used to the waste of paper aspect of this job!

I know I know I am being rather cynical tonight - can't help it.

I show them and talk them through main policies and they get the whole handbook when they sign.

sweets
17-06-2009, 08:25 PM
i let parents read my handbook on their first visit but i have also done a shortened version as a leaflet for them to take away, its says bascic fees, a bit about me etc, i tell them they will get a copy of the full version if they sign up.:)

Mouse
17-06-2009, 09:36 PM
At our first meeting I show them my portfolio and give them photocopies of the most relevent pages (keep meaning to do a leaflet, but just haven't got round to it).
When they sign up I give them an A4 folder with all sorts of info in it, policies, procedures, menus etc. I suggest they put their copies of contracts, info forms, newsletters, invoices etc in it to keep everything together. Most of them seem to.

Pedagog
17-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I give a basic leaflet before contracts are signed and full handbook after contracts signed.