PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get the job.

Minstrel
17-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I had a mum come round about 2 weeks ago for care for her 2 boys. Well she didn't actually have a job at the time so said she'd let me know when she heard back from her interviews.

Well i hadn't heard anything so assumed i hadn't got it- everyone else was being positive though saying she probably just hadn't found work yet.

But today I found she had placed another ad on netmums (where she found me) this time looking for a nanny.

Disappointed she didn't at least let me know though.:(

Blaze
17-06-2009, 07:16 PM
In my experience if they want a nanny...you've had a lucky escape!:D

Tatjana
17-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Sounds like she wants to be the 'boss' as it were, hence the rethink for a nanny! Don't be down, lucky escape i'd say.

xx

Minstrel
17-06-2009, 07:23 PM
hmmm I didn't think of it like that!

Thank you!

ORKSIE
17-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry you didnt get the job:(
Hope the phone rings very soon:)

sarah707
17-06-2009, 07:52 PM
blaze is right! You do not want a parent who is looking for a nanny... :panic:

Hope the phone rings again soon! :D

sweets
17-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Can i ask, whats wrong with a nanny? i was one for ages and never had any problems with parents!

TheBTeam
17-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Can i ask, whats wrong with a nanny? i was one for ages and never had any problems with parents!

It is not that there is a problem with a nanny, it is that parents who choose a nanny expect different things from those that choose a childminder. Generally more is expected of a nanny as regards 'extra' care for a child over and above what a childminder would be expecting to do, and a parent has more control over a nanny than a childminder, so from a childminders perspective they are generally more demanding of us than we are wanting.

sweets
17-06-2009, 09:06 PM
ooh i have to disagree! lol. Being a nanny was easy compared to a CM, no paperwork, no meetings and no ofsted. I worked for great people who gave me free rein. ( i expect some could be fussy tho)

Don't shout at me now (please)but I will admit tho that when i was a nanny years ago and had lots of nanny friends we did look down on CM a bit! (really sorry).

Of course now its different and i think CM have a lot more respect and a lot more work to do, and I AM ONE! lol

Blaze
17-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Nothing wrong with nannies at all...there are just differences between nannies & childminders...

Some examples:

1) Childminders are self-employed, so are their own boss. Nannies are employed so the paretn's are their boss.
2) Nannies unless on a nannyshare only care for the parent's LO's...so only these children are taken into account.
3) Nannies as a rule can have quite different hours to childminders & this can include evening/weekends as a norm.
4) It is quite common for a nanny to take on domestic duties for a family.

...get where I'm going!:D

In my experience parents who are after a nanny are NEVER happy with a CM ...no matter how much you bend over for them!:rolleyes: But then nannying is a completely different job IMHO to childminding!

sweets
17-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe i was just lucky, i nannied for a long time and apart from one parent who was a bit too fussy, none of them felt like my boss!

angeldelight
17-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Hope someone else comes along soon

Angel xx

sweets
17-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Mmm sorry i changed the thread about didn't i. i will shut up now! lol:laughing:

I hope you get some more calls soon :)

Cazz
17-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Her loss!

I'm sure you'll get more enquiries soon.

Carole x

mummyof3
17-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Its happened to me twice now in the last few months and its a horrible feeling. Both times they haven't had the decency to let me know they are not choosing me. The first one told me she was definately interested and would ring me that night or next morning after speaking to the childs dad - she never rang me back and rang another childminder 1hr after saying that to me looking for a vacancy :eek: - talk about a kick in the teeth!!

I am feeling really down at the moment about it i'm no good at rejection I take it too personally :blush: