PDA

View Full Version : weekly attendance record

linzi_scott
17-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Me again! Do parents have to sign the weekly attendance record or can I just get them to sign the monthly payment record? All the paperwork is doing my head in there seems to be more and more to do :panic:

sweets
17-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I hate the attendance record book but you do have to do it! i feel guilty when parents have to stand and sign on a friday night when they just want to get home ( i know it only takes a sec but its a faff). especcialy when i am a bit behind with it and they have to sign off 3 weeks!lol

mummyof3
17-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Its a pain but its good for you to have a record of when the mindee arrives and leaves. I find it easier to do my invoices and also my accounts when I have it as well. I have two parents that pay me weekly so it isnt a problem for signing they sign the book when signing the receipt and paying me ;)

sarah707
18-06-2009, 06:56 AM
It is not a legal requirement but it is really sensible to get parents to sign.

Think about if they don't and there is a query or complaint from Ofsted about your numbers.

Hth :D

angeldelight
18-06-2009, 06:57 AM
I am lucky if my parents sign it

They moan everytime and tell me to do it

Its not difficult though is it so you wonder why they fuss

Angel xx

PixiePetal
18-06-2009, 06:59 AM
I used to be really bad at it but am making an effort this year and so far am (almost) up to date. One mum left it this week as she was feeling unwell at collection time and had her 5 kids to get home from school and me. She will sign on Monday.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-06-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't have parents sign mine and haven't done in 15 years - Ofsted did not query this but Rickysmith says that NCMA won't represent you it you didn't.

rickysmiths
18-06-2009, 07:54 AM
I have always asked my parents to sign it and it has paid dividends when I have had a dispute. I have never found it a problem because parents are asked to sign from day one so they don't know anything else.

It is als regarded as a Safeguarding issue as the parents are signing and so confirming when the child is in your care.

They also sign their page at the back of the accounts book each month.:thumbsup:

miffy
18-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I use my own attendance register and I sign the children in and out.

Ofsted never queried it.

Miffy xx

Mouse
18-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I get parents to sign once at the end of the month. They never check what they sign though, so I could be putting anything (not that I do!).

angeldelight
18-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I get parents to sign once at the end of the month. They never check what they sign though, so I could be putting anything (not that I do!).

:laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
18-06-2009, 08:39 AM
my parents sign at the end of the month, only one compares it to the invoice the others just scribble where needed!

ORKSIE
18-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I have an attendance book, I write when children arrive and leave and if they not attended, and why. I dont get parents to sign cos I sometimes drop and collect on school runs, and its ap ain if I have to carry the blinkin thing around:D

linzi_scott
18-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Thank you everyone, it sounds like some do some don't, I always fill out the register but didn't know if parents had to sign it or not :) :)

linzi_scott
18-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I have an attendance book, I write when children arrive and leave and if they not attended, and why. I dont get parents to sign cos I sometimes drop and collect on school runs, and its ap ain if I have to carry the blinkin thing around:D

:thumbsup: this is what I would like to do but will ofsted be ok with it?

louloudi
18-06-2009, 12:52 PM
oops!! I use the NCMA attendance book and don't get parents to sign!! Should I???

I deteste all this signing nonsense, they don't do it in school and nurseries, plus what do we do if parents don't pick their children up and we drop them off?

Sarahbelle
19-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I make my own attendance register and the parents have to sign their children in and out each day. All the nurseries in my area do the same.

marian
19-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I have used both NCMA and now my own registers over the years and have never asked the parents to sign - Ofsted were ok with this as Sarah said it is not mandatory yet!

My friend uses a childminder and she has to sign every day - even in the school playground sometimes if she is picking up from there!:panic:

Marian x

Baildon bears
19-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I always get my parents to sign, my registration book helps me keep a record of days off ill, bank hols, and things you can easily forget inturn it helps me with my invoices.

Hannah:)