PDA

View Full Version : websites

Helen79
17-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't have a website yet, but was wondering those of you who do have your own websites did you find you got more enquiries afterwards?

Is it worth me spending time on?

Chanelle
17-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I have a website through Fre Virtual Servers . I pay £30 a year.

I have 4 children which are both sibling sets. The newest 2 children found me through the website. For me I would say it is worth it, and I am also a new childminder and only started in May 1st :)

Hope you get lots of enquiries :)

MissTinkerbell
17-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I haven't had enquiries as such, as a result of the website but the address is on my details on the CIS and I have found that parents consult this first, check out my website and then phone me as a result.

I also direct parents to it when they phone because it gives a much more detailed picture of my setting and service so I woould say that my website has definitely been worth it. I use Freewebs which is free and easy to use.

Pedagog
17-06-2009, 05:22 PM
I use weebly, and have had a few enquiries through my website. I also direct people to it for further information.

uf353432
17-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't really use mine to generate enquiries - but I direct people to it to get policy information, latest updates etc. If I change a policy I refer to the change on my newsletter and then ask people to go to me website for further information.

My website is kind of my shop window if you like - people can take a look - see if they like what they see before entering the shop to browse.

I use Webs which is a free one.

manjay
17-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't really use mine to generate enquiries - but I direct people to it to get policy information, latest updates etc. If I change a policy I refer to the change on my newsletter and then ask people to go to me website for further information.

My website is kind of my shop window if you like - people can take a look - see if they like what they see before entering the shop to browse.

I use Webs which is a free one.

I agree completely. Any enquiries I get are directed to my site. That way parents can see if they like they way I work before taking up any of my very precious time;) I use Microsoft Office Live

angeldelight
18-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't have a website yet, but was wondering those of you who do have your own websites did you find you got more enquiries afterwards?

Is it worth me spending time on?

Pauline did mine

I never used to think it helped but parents have told me that they look at it first so I think they are useful to have

Angel xx

Blackhorse
18-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I have a website and have already had one parent contact me through it.

I myself find that if I look for something on the internet and I find say 2 names of childminders I would first look into the one with the homepage as there is usually already a lot of info on it (I am not saying that that cm would be any better than the other one but it is easier to get info before you phone or meet them)

jibberjitz
18-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I have had a couple of emails from mine but nothing signed yet

www.ilkleychildcare.co.uk

Mrs.L.C
18-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Last few calls I have had are from people who have found my details online and 1 I know was from my website but not sure if all were from my website or other sites so worth looking into. I wouldnt pay anymore than £30 to have one done though.

Pauline Does them for about £30 and so does my Husband so it can be done