PDA

View Full Version : Open University Courses ... Which one?

Chanelle
17-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I currently have an NVQ3 in Child Care & Education
I have worked with children for 18+ years
Currently work in a nursery and Childminding afterschool.

What I want to know is what OU Degree would I apply for?
What do you have to do before if anything?
What can I apply for?
Would I be able to get funding? What are the requirements?

I am very new to this and am hoping to start in October.

Roseolivia
17-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I would probably do The Foundation Degree in Early Years.
You need to be working with children for at least 5hrs a week, your employer has to agree to you doing this as some tasks involve using children you look after.
You need to speak to your early years team to see if there's any funding. I was lucky in that they are funding me to do this. The next courser (E100) starts in October and you usually have to register for it before August. Have a look on the OU website.

Chanelle
17-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Thank you for your reply. I will check the site out now :)

Tired
13-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi Chanelle,
Did you decide to register on an OU course? I am thinking about doing the Early Years Foundation Degree, starting with module E100.

My council (Hampshire) will pay for it, and give me some money towards books etc.

If you do go ahead, let me know, cos it would be nice to have someone else who knows what I'm going through!

Leanne

singlewiththree
13-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm doing E100 in Oct are you?

Roseolivia
13-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm doing E124 in October which E100 has took over this year. The subjects i think would be quite similar

FussyElmo
13-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I have just sent an email to our training manager to see if they will fund the E100 - fingers crossed!!!!

Chanelle
13-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Chanelle,
Did you decide to register on an OU course? I am thinking about doing the Early Years Foundation Degree, starting with module E100.

My council (Hampshire) will pay for it, and give me some money towards books etc.

If you do go ahead, let me know, cos it would be nice to have someone else who knows what I'm going through!

Leanne

I am still trying to sort it all out, the only thing delaying me is the fact i will be due my 6-7 month inspecton around sept-october time and I am little worried it will be alot to organise and do all at once. I will get on to my local council tomorrow about it though and see what I can claim for free. Not sure I will be entitled because I live with my partner.

Will let you know what they say :)