PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit of help in advance of contract signing

uf353432
17-06-2009, 04:15 PM
mum came round beginning of week to look at the place and has confirmed she wants to book me on Fridays for 3 hours for her little girl. Little girl lives in a very prim and proper house - and mum was bowled over by the kids paradise I was offering.

I explained if she wanted a morning then I would take child to a group I go to for a couple of hours, but she wanted the little girl to spend the time in the kids paradise, so instead opted for an afternoon slot - which is absolutely fine. I do however worry about mum stipulating that we cannot do outings on Friday afternoons - I don't mind being home based most of the time - but if an opportunity arrose to widen the childrens circle of adventure I would want to take it - and I also don't want to be dictated too as its my business.

I just wanted some advice on how to politely word it to say we can be home based - and almost certainly until the little girl is settled and enjoying herself - as she's never been away from mum ever - but we need to remain flexible to other opportunities which may happen away from home from time to time.

Mum is very nice, and actually I don't mind if she decides not to come with me after all - but I don't want to be restricted by my contracts if you understand me....

Someone with a great way with words please help me out here...

debs

Pudding Girl
17-06-2009, 04:18 PM
no advice, but you aren't alone, I was :eek: when a fellow CM was telling me pretty much the same with one of hers (3 days a week though?!) and thought omg if anyone tried to dictate to me that I wasn't to go to this group, that group, go out at all even, they can erm.... go away :)

uf353432
17-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes I am just a bit worried - the little girl is 'sprited in nature' and having had a child of this type myself - sometime they can be overstimulated esp given that she comes from a less stimulating environment. At times like that I would look to take her out for a nice calm walk or perhaps go to the park where there is only a single point of focus. Neither of these things will be possible if the parent decides I cannot do outings.

youarewhatyoueat
17-06-2009, 04:59 PM
eh,what do you mean you can't do outings!!!! she can't tell you what to do,you tell her what you offer and she either chooses you or decides to get a nanny!!

rickysmiths
17-06-2009, 05:01 PM
The only time I have refused to take on a child was when the parent said I that I was not to go out. I refused to be dictated to and said I would not stay in with my children and the other children in my care.

I think you need to have a chat with the mum and find out why she doen't want you to go out? If she really doesn't want you to go out then maybe a childminder isn't the right care for herat this point. A nursery may be better for now.

MissTinkerbell
17-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't think that I'd want to be dictated to that I couldn't go out. My parents love it that I take thier little girl to lots of places.

There must be somewhere in the EYFS that explains the importance of going out and about.. just checked and found this don't know whether its any good:

A rich and varied environment supports children's learning and development. It gives them confidence to explore and learn in secure and safe, yet challenging, indoor and outdoor spaces (Enabling Environments 3.3). Being outdoors has a positive impact on children's sense of well-being and helps all aspects of children's development.

Sarahbelle
19-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think that I'd want to be dictated to that I couldn't go out. My parents love it that I take thier little girl to lots of places.

There must be somewhere in the EYFS that explains the importance of going out and about.. just checked and found this don't know whether its any good:

A rich and varied environment supports children's learning and development. It gives them confidence to explore and learn in secure and safe, yet challenging, indoor and outdoor spaces (Enabling Environments 3.3). Being outdoors has a positive impact on children's sense of well-being and helps all aspects of children's development.

I agree 100%:jump for joy:

uf353432
20-06-2009, 03:18 PM
The good news is that she did sign the outings form! hurrah!

Daftbat
20-06-2009, 03:35 PM
eh,what do you mean you can't do outings!!!! she can't tell you what to do,you tell her what you offer and she either chooses you or decides to get a nanny!!

Well put:thumbsup: