PDA

View Full Version : starting on my accounts...a few questions

Blackhorse
17-06-2009, 12:49 PM
hi,
As I received my first cheque for my retainer free from the council I guess I am having to start my accounts now.

I have a little box with receipts of things I bought for starting up. (safety things, arts and crafts ...a table and chair set for the kids..these kinds of things)
I am using the attendance and accounts book from SCMA

Is it ok to add up all these receipts and enter them as 1 line with a desciption of start up costs? or do I need to add them individually?
What about receipts that were dated before the 5th of April? Do they need to be seperate?

also, and this is a silly one, I am getting the retainer for 6 weeks but don't have any mindess yet so not sure when my next income will be. now the book as a page for each week a child is here but once my retainer fee is finished I might not have anyone on my books. Does this mean for eample if I have no mindees for a month I need to leave a months worth of pages blank? Or can you have one sheet dated june and the next straight away august if there was nothing inbetween?

sorry a bit longwinded but it is hard to explain...
thanks
Nicole

Chatterbox Childcare
17-06-2009, 05:41 PM
hi,
As I received my first cheque for my retainer free from the council I guess I am having to start my accounts now.

I have a little box with receipts of things I bought for starting up. (safety things, arts and crafts ...a table and chair set for the kids..these kinds of things)
I am using the attendance and accounts book from SCMA

Is it ok to add up all these receipts and enter them as 1 line with a desciption of start up costs? or do I need to add them individually?
What about receipts that were dated before the 5th of April? Do they need to be seperate?

Just have 1 start up cost line

also, and this is a silly one, I am getting the retainer for 6 weeks but don't have any mindess yet so not sure when my next income will be. now the book as a page for each week a child is here but once my retainer fee is finished I might not have anyone on my books. Does this mean for eample if I have no mindees for a month I need to leave a months worth of pages blank? Or can you have one sheet dated june and the next straight away august if there was nothing inbetween?

Just put it in once - it doesn't matter as long as it shows within the correct financial year

sorry a bit longwinded but it is hard to explain...
thanks
Nicole

Accounts get easier the more your do them :laughing:

Blackhorse
17-06-2009, 06:07 PM
thanks Debbie, I don't mind the accounts as such but there were a few things I just wasn't sure about how to best enter them.

Your help is much appreciated

sophiestars
27-06-2009, 05:39 PM
If you buy stuff you may still want to enter it on the sheets so I would be inclined to do pages for the 'childless' months even if you don't get income.