PDA

View Full Version : does anybody just purely use the toy library for their toys

honey
17-06-2009, 12:27 PM
or do you have a stack of toys at home. i have got a garage full of toys and i am debateing wether to sell the lot and just keep going to the toy library every now and then

singlewiththree
17-06-2009, 12:36 PM
We can only get 3 things at a time from the toy library and to be honest they aren't in good condition and have pieces missing. I couldn't rely just on the toy library unless you were thinking of not rotating your toys and just using the toy library as extras.

The Juggler
18-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I went for the first time ever today. Wanted some different sets of smallworld. They didn't have anything. I'd wanted a zoo set but they only had wild animals (which were out) and no cages, trees, keepers etc.

Did get some great outdoor blocks and a steel drum (to keep the neighbours happy).

Don't think they have enough to keep you stocked though. Think you need to use as add ons or for special topics or themes.

Mollymop
18-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I would suggest you keep most of your toys. I have never used a toy library but I don;t think you can get too much at once to keep everyone entertained. xxx

sophiestars
18-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I have just been today aswell - our toy library has a good stock of toys but we can only take out 3 things at once for 2 weeks which would be nowhere near enough for my mindees.

What they are really good at is the multicultural stuff which I am finding hard to get hold of myself. Today I got a lovely wicker basket full of multicultural musical instruments, a 'Handa's Surprise' story sack with a Handa doll and puppets, fruits etc to act out the story, and also a box with chinese dressing up clothes, a puzzle of chinese food and chinese coooking utensils and play food.

Can you tell Ofsted are due lol!!!!

I think toy librarys are great for topping up your toys, to get things to match your theme or to get things that you wouldn't buy yourself because they take up too much storage space or are too expensive to buy, but I don't think you could rely on them completely without your own resources.

Monkey1
18-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I use several toy libraries to vary my toys. I have borrowed a road safety kit.....which i will return after child safety week next week, a huge mirror, alphabet tubs, a dark den..............as a rule i give them back when someone wants to use them!............or when the kids get bored!

Noodles
18-06-2009, 08:59 PM
which ones do you use monkey i have neber used one

Monkey1
18-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Hiya Carol! I use the pla one at hollinswood infant school, open wed ant thurs 10-1, Network group at overdale, mondays at the carpenter centre and the north cluster group at HLC on wednesdays. Had some fab stuff........especially from HLC

Noodles
18-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Hiya Carol! I use the pla one at hollinswood infant school, open wed ant thurs 10-1, Network group at overdale, mondays at the carpenter centre and the north cluster group at HLC on wednesdays. Had some fab stuff........especially from HLC

Right i will have to give them a go :) :) :)

Star
20-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi, I do use toy Library, but to top up what I've got, borrow something I can't afford, etc. Good places but as others have said you can only borrow a few items.
star :)