PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to join NCMA and get insurance

polkadots
17-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I am still awaiting my reg cert, just awaiting hubbys crb to come back, but i am hoping to be registered and start minding on 1 July. Can i apply to join NCMA and obtain insurance now, to start 1 July, as i understand from reading on here, NCMA are not the quickest in sending out paperwork, and i do not want to delay further.

Can anyone tell me if my Ofsted pre reg reference starting EY will be my registration number once registered, and therefore i can give this now to NCMA.

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
17-06-2009, 11:38 AM
You can just call, pay and get a cover note number immediately

polkadots
17-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks, but what about contracts, because if i start minding 1st july, i will need NCMA contacts before then, so my insurance is valid, do i not?

NCMA website says they can take up to 28 days delivery on orders, is this ho long it usually takes them?

I do not want to pay for contacts as a non member.

Thanks

Minstrel
17-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks, but what about contracts, because if i start minding 1st july, i will need NCMA contacts before then, so my insurance is valid, do i not?

NCMA website says they can take up to 28 days delivery on orders, is this ho long it usually takes them?

I do not want to pay for contacts as a non member.

Thanks

Become a member and order the contacts and any other paperwork you need. Then when your first mindee has confirmed start date, call them and start your insurance. That way you don't lose any days on the insurance.

HTH

The Juggler
18-06-2009, 04:41 PM
usually they only take a week. do you know any other childminders. Just borrow one and give them one back when your pack arrives.