PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!!

chelle
15-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Evening everyone, im feeling a bit dis-heartened i started advertising at the begining of jan, iv put ads in local paper, clinics, shop windows done door to door leafleting out off that i have had two enquiries,one i had to turn down because the lady wanted me to pickup at a school i cant do the other went with another minder cause the minder lived near the little boys school which is fair enough, so now im at a loose end i am dying to get started but nothing is happening my hubby thinks i am expecting to much to soon and says i should give it time! oh i dont know i surpose he is right though i dont like to admit it. Is this normal am i expecting to much, i just want to get started, sorry for moaning would appriciate any advice.luv chelle.x

Angela234
15-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi It can take awhile you've had 2 calls which is good evan if they didn't work out so your ads are working more calls will come
Good luck

Angela

fionamal
15-02-2008, 09:21 PM
It can take a while. have you handed in leaflets to the local school and nurseries and also toddler groups. Keep your chin up as once the phone starts to ring it generally forgets to stop.

chelle
15-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys! i know its early days yet.luv chelle.:)

Banana
15-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Dont lose heart!!

It can take time but believe me you will fill those vacancies

xxxx

miffy
15-02-2008, 09:47 PM
It does sometimes take a while to get up and running

Your advertising has worked even if the enquiries weren't suitable

Hopefully you'll get some more calls soon so stay positive

Did you see Cherry's thread where she said she was wearing
an NCMA childminder badge when out and about to advertise
what she does - might be worth a try

Good luck

Miffy xx

angeldelight
16-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Hope you get calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

charleyfarley
16-02-2008, 06:21 AM
I have one of those NCMA badges too and people do look and ask about it .

Have you got business cards?

I got mine from vistaprint free, only paying for pp.
Don't sign up to anything else though only the freebies.

I really want to wish you good luck and hopefully the phone will start ringing very soon

Carol xx

emler
16-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Don't be too disheartened - the calls will come, it just takes a while.
Keep your chin up

Emler x

deeb66
16-02-2008, 02:40 PM
You probably already are....but have not said so in your original post

Are you on your local CIS vacancy list and are you advertising on their website too?

Pudding Girl
16-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you drive? Poster in window of car would be good advertising.
I have had enquiries from my adverts on Netmums childcare board, and Gumtree ( but wouldn't advise putting any personal contact details on them, they can email you direct from the boards)

jumpinjen
16-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi,

I'm not registered yet but some hints I've had from other people are about writing to local businesses, particulalrly if near large office buildings etc or on a communter route in/out fo where you live (Dad's could bring little ones to you as well on their way to work as well as mum!)

Have you advertised on netmums??

there are other on-line sites for advertising vacancies too I think that are free to sign up to.

Laflets to local playgroups maybe.... there will be mums there who will return to work.

National Childbirth Trust do a magazine and they charge very little for private adverts... maybe contact your local branch!

Let me know if any work and i will try them myself when I am registered!!!!

Jen x

deeb66
16-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Straws has just posted a nice long list of places to advertise.

The link is

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=55774#post55774

Cheeky Chops
16-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I am in the same boat hun so know how you feel, I went and posted a 100 leaflets around my area and came back with a bruised and scraped knuckle (no rest for the wicked eh!) so I understand how you feel, I have just had one mum unexpectedly pull children out, no notice so I am desperate for some more children and I am advertising like crazy!!!

hope you get someone soooooon!! x x

Mollymop
16-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I just wanted to say that I hope it all picks up for you soon and to tell you to keep your chin up and think positively. I am sure you will be full in no time XX

wendywoowoo
16-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi chelle

Im in the same position as you :( I gave up a good job for childminding and a better quality of life with my own family. I have been registered since sept last year and only have a brother and sister just one day a week. Im currently not earning enough to pay half my mortgage never mind bills, food etc :( :(

Im on the point of packing in as I really cannot survive much longer without getting into a financial pickle. Like you I have advertised everywhere... leaflets through about 300 doors locally, shops, paper, CIS, school. Ive had to turn work away due to not being able to get to their schools as well as my own :( which really makes me feel sick. Also having a run of calls from women who have not even had baby yet (anyone have any tips on how to keep these women when its even too early to pay a retainer??)

I'll send you good vibes if you send them back to me :) :)

Take care,
Wendy x

LittleMissSparkles
16-02-2008, 09:02 PM
sorry to see you are fed up and you too Wendy, keep your chin and and the calls will start coming it does take time sometimes and then all of a sudden you are inundated with enquiries and contracts xxxx

manjay
17-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Do you know any other minders locally? I have been registered since November and most of my referrals have been from the other two minders in our village. They are very well established and are always full with a waiting list so now they just pass people on to me. I have 5 part timers on my books and another two in the pipeline.

Just a thought!

amanda xx

lindylou
17-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Try putting an ad in your local baby clinic or get in touch with the health visitor for your area
Linx

chelle
18-02-2008, 01:28 PM
hi,thanks to everyone the support is great, its nice to talk to people who understand, i did see cherrys thread about the ncma badges and i will defo look into it, i am also on the cis website,and i will checkout that site that you have mentioned dee.Sorry your in the same boat as me wendy hope it picks up for you to:) :) . same to you as well GG:) .Im just on my wayout to do some more leafleting so fingers crossed. THANKS AGAIN GUYS.:) LOVE CHELLE.XX. ps on a lighter note im going to see celine dion in may and i cant wait..:clapping: