PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection

HilaryT
15-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi

I had my inspection earlier this week, and was told the grade straight away. However, the Inspector said I couldn't tell anyone until it had been confirmed by Ofsted, and this could take up to 2 weeks!

Has anyone else had this experience? It's very frustrating as everyone wants to know how I got on!!

Hilary

Angela234
15-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Hello ,Yes i was told that i think everyone does our local play school was told the same

Angela

manjay
15-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I am sure both Pauline and Dee said this and yet other members come on and give their grade on the same day!! Not sure really as I am in Wales.

amanda xx

carolinel
15-02-2008, 09:34 PM
i wasn't told i had to wait so i told everyone straight away!!

Banana
15-02-2008, 09:40 PM
They say you have to wait -how they going to know if you tell anyway?

I couldnt keep my mouth shut

xx

charleyfarley
15-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I never got told to keep it quiet and told everyone

Is it a new thing not being allowed to tell anyone?

Or is it just for people who get outstanding?

Carol xx

Angela234
15-02-2008, 10:19 PM
My inspector told me they say this just incase it gets changed they have to write the report then show it to someone else who could change the grade if they don't agree but it rarely happens.

Angela

sarah707
15-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Congratulations Hilary! :clapping:

deeb66
16-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I am sure both Pauline and Dee said this and yet other members come on and give their grade on the same day!! Not sure really as I am in Wales.

amanda xx

Yes I was told that I had to either have the report in my hand or see it published on the website before it became public knowledge.

It took around 10 days in total for it to appear on the website and the report followed (sent by recorded delivery - I had to sign for it) a couple of days later.

I did obviously tell a few people as I was so chuffed and excited but it was hard work not being able to tell everybody.

Congratulations Hilary - well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
16-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I wasn't told anything like that either. Please tell (or have I missed it seeing as dee and Sarah are congratulating you)

Well done anyway:clapping:

deeb66
16-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I wasn't told anything like that either. Please tell (or have I missed it seeing as dee and Sarah are congratulating you)

Well done anyway:clapping:

It is only usually those with one particular grading that is told not to say until report has been published!

I am not saying what Hilary got cos I don't know.....I am only assuming :D

Pipsqueak
16-02-2008, 02:54 PM
It is only usually those with one particular grading that is told not to say until report has been published!

I am not saying what Hilary got cos I don't know.....I am only assuming :D

OK - I did perhaps think that was the case;) ;)

Thanks Dee

xxx:D

sarah707
16-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm assuming too....! ;)

I wasn't told not to tell anyone... so I told everyone! :D

Blaze
16-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I was told to keep quiet...which i ignored!:D

I'm presuming too...congratulations!!!:clapping:
Tasha:)

cherry
16-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I had my inspection this week and nothing was said to me about not telling anyone. I think most of you know what I got.

It seems that yet again Ofsted lack any consistancy in the way they operate.

Well done in getting through yours :thumbsup:

Cherry x

LittleMissSparkles
16-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm sure congratulations are in order, well done :clapping:

Blaze
16-02-2008, 07:01 PM
TBH as far as I'm concerned as long as you don't get unsatisfactory congratulations are always in order!

deeb66
16-02-2008, 07:10 PM
TBH as far as I'm concerned as long as you don't get unsatisfactory congratulations are always in order!

My thoughts exactly Tasha

Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my grade but am also concious that things could have gone differently that day......

It really does depends on the circumstances, how the kids behaved and what sort of mood the inspector is in that day!!

We know how inconsistent the inspectors are:(

sarah707
16-02-2008, 08:30 PM
My thoughts exactly Tasha

Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my grade but am also concious that things could have gone differently that day......

It really does depends on the circumstances, how the kids behaved and what sort of mood the inspector is in that day!!

We know how inconsistent the inspectors are:(

I've just said exactly that... in my own words... on a different thread...! :D

HilaryT
17-02-2008, 01:49 PM
many thanks for all your replies. We all seem to have different experiences with these Ofsted Inspectors.

So I'll just have to keep quiet a bit longer!! I'm about to burst at the seams ...
(and it's not cos I've just eaten a big Sunday lunch!)

Hilary
watch this space ...

miffy
17-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Miffy xx