PDA

View Full Version : sand and water play

childminder54
17-06-2009, 07:49 AM
looking for a sand and water play to buy looked at tescos website some people are saying legs not sturdy no lids to keep out the rain which ones do you recomend please..

veronicax

haribo
17-06-2009, 08:27 AM
i havent much room outside so didnt want anything that takes a lot of space. i got 2 rectangular storage boxes - one for water one for sand - that i put on my outdoor table and then they stack away in a corner when not in use . theyve got tight fitting lids too . im getting a couple more for the big blocks and bits and bobs that the kids play with outside . really versatile cos the kids can have them on the floor if they are too small to stand at the table .

Schnakes
17-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I had this:

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/blue-table-sand-pit/

but ended up throwing it away cos bits got stuck, it got battered and looked really scruffy, you couldnt take the legs out, or if you could they wouldnt go back in properly etc.

But Im thinking of buying it again now cos it was a good size and perfect for sand water play when you have more than one littley!!

That didnt help much, did it?!

Sx

Nix
17-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I've got two trays from Galt with one stand and one lid, looking to buy another stand. I love them and the children love them as they can all play with it together and with two we can easily do dry sand and wet sand...although by the end of the day they end up as 'sand'!!

They stack and the stand folds flat.

Not cheap though...

Hope this helps, a bit!

miss mopple
17-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I have the elc one and the kids love it :clapping:

I only have water in it though as I have got dh to build me a big sandpit that they can sit in :D

Peppa
17-06-2009, 01:47 PM
i have just ordered this

http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/lxd/p.do/sand-and-sea-table?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&SNtt=sand&groupId=469731815&Nu=this_product&SNtk=littlewoods_search&Np=1&SN=101+85&Ntt=469731815&D=469731815&Ntk=group_search&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&thisprod=469731815&N=101+85&Nty=1&Mis_item_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=469731815

Found a voucher and got it for £57. Its £99 in toys r us. Haven't recieved it yet but looked at it in toys r us and looked quite sturdy.

As for rice crispies.... Thank you for the idea! :clapping:

The Juggler
17-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I have the elc one and the kids love it :clapping:

I only have water in it though as I have got dh to build me a big sandpit that they can sit in :D

I have the previous ELC one, doesn't have the whirly bits in the middle. Have had for 4 years. still in one piece. The elasticated cover broke. I use a piece of plastic board and put it on top at night with a chair on top but someone's just suggested buying a bbq cover that might fit.

For £30 they provide hours of fun.

kelzunique
17-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I have this 1! Its brilliant - and great value! Cannot recomend it enough :clapping:

http://www.smythstoys.com/pools--sand-pits/sand-and-water-table-d12724pd.aspx

Twinkles
17-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I have the elc one but only for water. I have a seperate sandpit for sand - there's only so much us Virgo's can take you know :panic:

childminder54
18-06-2009, 08:56 AM
thanks for that+

veronicax

mammumof4
18-06-2009, 05:36 PM
i havent much room outside so didnt want anything that takes a lot of space. i got 2 rectangular storage boxes - one for water one for sand - that i put on my outdoor table and then they stack away in a corner when not in use . theyve got tight fitting lids too . im getting a couple more for the big blocks and bits and bobs that the kids play with outside . really versatile cos the kids can have them on the floor if they are too small to stand at the table .

i love this idea!!:clapping: :clapping: