PDA

View Full Version : MMR and seperation anxiety?

vix84
16-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi, has anyone experienced this? My first mindee when back to crying alot at mine after his MMR but then increased his hours and soon settled so dont know if it was because he was feeling under the weather or if it was because he was only here 2 afternoons a week.

Now my 2nd mindee who had the MMR about a month ago has been unsettled ever since. Ive actually given notice as my other mindee needs to increase his days, but the last 2 weeks are proving to be such hard work!
After the MMR he came out in the measles rash and was not himself and not sleeping at night etc.
When he comes in he usually cries as usual, but is then only happy if on my lap - which today was fine for the first hour but then it was tea time and I had 2 other 1 yr olds to look after and he screamed so much!

sarah707
16-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Ds reacted really badly to every injection he had.

It was awful knowing I was putting him through it over and over again. At the time I didn't feel I had a choice. :(

vix84
17-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Its just hard to know if its because of the MMR or just a seperation anxiety stage.

Luckily he is only here for 6 hours a week, as his screaming everytime I leave the room or he is off my lap is upsetting my son too.

My son has his jabs soon, and my other mindee so hope they dont get like that too:panic:

Mollymop
17-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I remember my dd would be quite poorly after every jab for a few days. But never noticed any changes in her behaviour.

Maybe the little ones are at the age when they feel seperation anxiety.

vix84
17-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I remember my dd would be quite poorly after every jab for a few days. But never noticed any changes in her behaviour.

Maybe the little ones are at the age when they feel seperation anxiety.

Thats what I thought.

I know around 9 months there is seperation anxiety, but he is 14 months and I cant think of anything else that would have triggered this.
It seems to all be after he has been ill with the after effects of the MMR. The mum hust says he is fine at home, and she doesnt see there being anything wrong at home apart from he wanting more cuddles - but as she is his mum she just see's that as part of the mums role type thing so didnt think there was naything wrong.

So he was like this for 2 hours, then my oh walked in and the lo started playing with him and even let me walk to the door to let his dad in without crying!

He is off to a new cm soon - I hope he is good for her as she has a young baby to look after too! Hopefully the change of scenery and person will be a big enough change to make him forget about it and just enjoy himself