PDA

View Full Version : Policies for Pre-reg visit??

applesmum
15-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi All
Just read another post about the pre-reg visit and it mentioned sorting policies - can someone confirm whether I need to have policies in place for my pre-reg visit or if this is something for a later date.
My goodness - i'm gonna have my work cut out this weekend if I do need them - I've got my pre-reg visit at 9am on Monday !!!! :clapping:

littlesprogs
15-02-2008, 08:24 PM
i never had any at mine. Your pre-reg is about asking questions and advising you on what you need to do. I had basically nothing sorted when i had mine so dont worry.

sarah707
15-02-2008, 10:41 PM
It's good if you can tell Ofsted that you are working towards being organised - so have a wish list of equipment / toys and an idea of what policies etc you are going to do so you can talk about it... read up on the standards and you'll see what fits in where... :D

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 11:49 PM
You could also take a look at the Bromley website so you have an idea of what policies you do need so if she does ask then you have a general idea

Good luck

Angel xx

Spangles
16-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I didn't need policies when I had my pre-reg although I did have some in rough form because I'd been doing a lot of research!

I wouldn't worry about it for Monday, the fact you are aware that you need them and what some of them are is enough at this stage. I would recommend the Bromley site too, it's very useful.

Good luck for Monday by the way!

miffy
16-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I agree with the others

It helps if you can show Ofsted what you are working towards but don't worry too much

The bromley site has loads of useful info and all the policies you need (which you can adapt to your own setting of course)

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Miffy xx

applesmum
16-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Thank you so much for the advice - that site is great for policy information!! I've been downloading all morning so just need to start amending now.

Thanks again - I'll post again after Mondays visit.

deeb66
16-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Good luck for Monday

I hope it all goes well

Don't forget to let us know how you get on

Rubybubbles
16-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Just to say good luck for monday;)

emmadines
17-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much for the advice - that site is great for policy information!! I've been downloading all morning so just need to start amending now.

Thanks again - I'll post again after Mondays visit.

is urs monday 18th aswell??

emmadines
17-02-2008, 07:20 PM
oh forgot to mention!

ive got my policies done and have printed them out all ready purely as I thought that was what they wanted, but there done so hay ho!!