PDA

View Full Version : What are you spending yours on???

flora
16-06-2009, 06:25 PM
What are all you other Lincs minders spending your money on????

Or Liike me have you not had time to hit the ELC website :D

littlesprogs
16-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm wondering what to do with mine in my head i already have it spent but then the other part of me is thinking should i send it back to them?

sweets
16-06-2009, 06:33 PM
ooh how exciting, money to spend, how much did you all get? was it a capital grant:)

littlesprogs
16-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I got £200 because my hubby is registered too but each person got £100

georgie456
Oooh what did you get?? I'm jealous!

angeldelight
Lucky you

I think you should share :laughing:

Angel xx

HENNY
16-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Iv got a hundred pounds as well - it was a nice surprise when I opened the letter.Can't make up my mind what to buy but will enjoy spending it!:laughing:

charleyfarley
16-06-2009, 07:07 PM
That's it I'm moving :laughing:

Enjoy spending your money :clapping: :clapping: I could spend it for you if you want :D

Carol xx

RachelE
16-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh yes, I have spent it in my head already!

I was hoping you could spend the gift cards online so I didnt have to trudge into Grimsby and walk out with a water table under my arm! (Lincoln car park too far away!!)

So, yes, a water table - not sand, I hate the stuff! - apart from your nice sand pit Flora!

I also want one of the rockers that has space for 3 children for my LO's.
I wanted a box of duplo too and was sure they sold it, but cant see it on the website. (I have some already, but when all 5 children decide to build together there are arguments!)
Also need some art and craft bits and some more plastic animals. - Hmm, is that over £100?! :rolleyes:

Hmm, Louise, I think you need to be careful that you dont spend it and then they realise you arent minding and want it back!!

I'm very impressed anyway and cant wait to hit the shops! - esp when we get the waterstones one too! :thumbsup:

Am just waiting for the cheque to come for £10,000 for my new playroom! - Oh well, I can dream!! :laughing:

littlesprogs
16-06-2009, 07:14 PM

I was hoping you could spend the gift cards online so I didnt have to trudge into Grimsby and walk out with a water table under my arm! (Lincoln car park too far away!!)

So, yes, a water table - not sand, I hate the stuff! - apart from your nice sand pit Flora!

I wanted a box of duplo too and was sure they sold it, but cant see it on the website. (I have some already, but when all 5 children decide to build together there are arguments!)
Also need some art and craft bits and some more plastic animals. - Hmm, is that over £100?! :rolleyes:

Hmm, Louise, I think you need to be careful that you dont spend it and then they realise you arent minding and want it back!!

I'm very impressed anyway and cant wait to hit the shops! - esp when we get the waterstones one too! :thumbsup:

Am just waiting for the cheque to come for £10,000 for my new playroom! - Oh well, I can dream!! :laughing:

If you wanted to go to lincoln you could park in the car park near wilko's then its only on the other side of the water. Think this is closer than Grimsby car park.

Does anyone know if you can order from the elc catalogue in store?

PixiePetal
16-06-2009, 07:14 PM
My area have had a big fat zero as of yet. Some money is apparently in the pipeline but another minder told me it might be for nurseries to improve security of outside areas. The letter I was sent looked more positive though.

I need it now - DH has fenced off part of the garden at the house we are moving to just to make it more practical and safe for my work. Loads more to do. Want to make the most of the garden.

Will wait and see :rolleyes:

LittleMissSparkles
16-06-2009, 07:18 PM
which area do you come under Flora as i havent received anything and was told childminders will not be getting anything fromthe capital grant the government have given to local authorities:(

Adiamond
16-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you???
I am in Lincolnshire and haven't had anything!!! x x x

RachelE
16-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm In Market Rasen, where are you?

LittleMissSparkles
16-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm In Market Rasen, where are you?

who do you come under autority wise Rachael as I havent heard anything about this at all xxx

RachelE
16-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm under Lincolnshire county council, West Lindsey district.

- are you North Lincs LittleMissSparkles?

flora
16-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I come under Lincs, thats why I got the money :clapping: :clapping:

Have spoken to ELC, you can't use the cards over the phone or online, but you can go instore and order it all and have it delivered to your door :thumbsup:

So I won't be struggling with the water play table either Rachel :clapping:

Great mind think alike :thumbsup:

I do think all minder should be treated equally, I mean we got the toys r us voucher, we've just got soundlincs stuff and apperently books on observation and planning and something else are going to arrive direct from the publlishers :thumbsup:

Louise, tempting as it is I am afraid you are not minding any more hunnie so I think you should send them back.

Could get you in loads of trouble otherwise and we wouldn't want that :(

Lincsminder
16-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm not minding at the moment, but when my playroom is finished I will move all my stuff in their and do a bit of an audit to see what I need. In the mean time I've sent for a catalog to have a better look at what they have.

RachelE
16-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Fab news about the home delivery :thumbsup: - had visions of me walking through town with a water table under my arm!! :panic: - not sure my mind is as great as yours though!!

Yes, we really need consistency throughout each county, so that we all recieve the same support. - us childminders need it! :)

flora
16-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Don't forget to use the 20% off voucher from little stars yogs or birthday club too.

I checked you see.... that way I can get £140 of stuff for the vouchers and £10 from me :clapping: :clapping: