PDA

View Full Version : I need another house to store all my toys...

kelzunique
16-06-2009, 03:30 PM
...seriously... where do you all keep yours? I know that some of you are lucky enough to have conservatories or playrooms, but my main play areas are my garden and living room. When im not working i like to put all the toys away and have "my home" back. I have 1 cupboard in my hallway thats stores my boiler and i have some in there. I have an under the stairs cupboard that has more and the rest are in the shed. I have just bought a shelf unit for in the front room for some more as im getting overrun. The bottom of my stairs has a stack of storage boxes, but althought not blocking the fire escape - im sure ofsted wouldnt like it!

Do you suppose if i ask them nicely they will buy me another house for storage? :rolleyes:

sweets
16-06-2009, 04:17 PM
i'm ok as ive got a big double wardrobe upstairs that i have put shelves in for toys. i like to have them out of sight too in the evenings. 1 childminder friend of mine bought a garden shed specifically to store toys in, its great as its not far from her back door and easy to get too! her husband has filled it with shelves. its great

miss mopple
16-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I converted the lounge into a lounge/diner so we could use the dining room as a playroom.

I also have an entire shed full of stuff, a massive upstairs cupboard and a set of drawers in the kitchen!

On the up side there are no kids things whatsoever in the lounge so I can relax work free of an evening :clapping:

miss muffit
16-06-2009, 04:26 PM
love it "Re: I need another house to store all my toys..." :eek:

haha!!! gone are the days when one box was enough

I am lucky enough to have a playroom,

but i still take up space in the garage :rolleyes:

Playmate
16-06-2009, 04:32 PM
We have a conservatory, cupboards under the stairs, Cupboard on the landing and a huge shed in the garden and its still not enough :laughing:

PixiePetal
16-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I have 2 toy cupboards in the sitting room - pine to match other furniture. Hold 6 boxes each if they are the right size :thumbsup:

Shed full of outdoor stuff.

Toys hidden behind sitting room chairs, fold up table behind sofa, duplo boxes stuck in front of TV cupboard as they are too big to hide :rolleyes: Shelves of more stuff too.

Loft conversion with purpose built cupboard for all my toys I swap every month or so with ones downstairs.

Buggies and high chair etc - don't get me started!!

BUT........................................

We are moving to my DH old family home. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

4 bed detached farmhouse :D :D :D big garden, playroom, summer house, loft room, separate dining room - I will be in heaven.

youarewhatyoueat
16-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I had to buy a 10 x 8 shed to put on half of the drive(my husbands car has to be parked on the road now!) and it is full to the brim the rest is in the loft and i'm up and down like a yoyo. I have way too much stuff but am hopeless at parting with anything.

TheBTeam
16-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I have toys under the stairs, under my sons cabin bed, in the shed, share a garage with a friend, craft stuff in the top of my wardrobe and in a set of drawers on the landing, and a drawer unit in the conservatory!!!

Also in the boot of the car! Basically everywhere!