PDA

View Full Version : environmental health officer

mammumof4
16-06-2009, 01:01 PM
hi all, ive just been told that all childminders who provide food now need to registar with the local environmental health. i just called my local health inspector and he is putting some info in the post for me,and a form to fill in, didnt ask alot as i had alot noise in background! :p
just wanted to know if anyone else has had to do this as i havent come across anything on the forum. think i have to have my house inspected:eek: :eek: wander what they look for? do we have to do a test or anything??? its a bit scarry! :D

christinajanep
16-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi all childminders who provide form their premises have to be registered with the environmental health, i registered last week and got a letter to confirm but dont think they come to inspect ?

grindal
16-06-2009, 03:33 PM
It depends where you live. Quite a few have been inspected - myself included. I am in Enfield, North London. They are quite informal and just look at paperwork and discuss good practise. My chap also measured my fridge temp at my request. At the end of it I got a written report and then a certificate sent through the post saying I am "Very Good" :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
16-06-2009, 04:45 PM
It depends what you offer, I don't do cooked meals I only offer snacks and drinks and the children bring packed lunches so I don't need to register,all the info is on their website, I did put the link it up before on an old thread, i'll try and find it later.

Minstrel
16-06-2009, 05:25 PM
It depends what you offer, I don't do cooked meals I only offer snacks and drinks and the children bring packed lunches so I don't need to register,all the info is on their website, I did put the link it up before on an old thread, i'll try and find it later.

This depends on your LA as ours wants us all to register whether we are providing hot meals or just serving up packed lunches from home.

It's to ensure we know about cleanliness and the safe storage of food etc.