PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! what a rip off!

Monkey1
16-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Had to order this as i thought it was a way Ofsted would penalise me............when thay finally get around to inspecting me! Its just cost me £126 and its no more than two plastic bottles, and a bowl on a tiny trolley:angry: :angry: :angry:
http://www.sbs-educational.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=55&productId=58094&langId=-1&search=true

aly
16-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Think i'd be sending it back

:panic:

LittleMissSparkles
16-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Think i'd be sending it back

:panic:

same here xxx

Noodles
16-06-2009, 11:23 AM
monkey havnt you had the letter regarding capital funding and the hand wash units that are on offer???

sweets
16-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Me too! if you have bought it because you havn't got access to a sink for washing hands then i'd just use a washing up bowl instead, much cheaper. You could always anti-back as well if ofsted are funny about children sharing water!

emler
16-06-2009, 11:36 AM
:eek: send it back!!! :eek:

Monkey1
16-06-2009, 11:45 AM
monkey havnt you had the letter regarding capital funding and the hand wash units that are on offer???

Yes Carol but I'm not going for that! so i will have to buy my own!:rolleyes:

SimplyLucy
16-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Arghhhhhhh send it back:eek: :eek:

We had one at pre-school and the hand pump splits and you ccan't get hold of the replacements very easily and when you can they are stupid money.

We now replace our hand pump bit with a part someone found in a garage.

It's the worst piece of equiptment I've ever come across.

georgie456
16-06-2009, 12:14 PM
That's shocking!!! How can they charge prices like that?! Definitely send it back!

Trouble
16-06-2009, 12:15 PM
this is in there returns rules

(iii)The company's product guarantee relates to the quality, durability and relative fitness for purpose during the first 12 months after the delivery. Goods deemed 'no longer required' due to ordering error, surplus to requirements etc. may be considered for return providing prior authorisation is obtained and goods are returned in a resaleable condition in the original packaging within the first calendar month following despatch. Where authorisation is obtained a 20% handling charge or minimum £10 whichever is greater will be charged. The company will not accept goods returned without prior authorisation or in a non-saleable condition-in such cases goods must be paid for in full by the customer.

Any Queries
Ring 08451 25 25 50 for the Step by Step helpline.

her8y
16-06-2009, 12:16 PM
How can they justify that price???? Send it back.

aly
16-06-2009, 01:03 PM
this is in there returns rules

(iii)The company's product guarantee relates to the quality, durability and relative fitness for purpose during the first 12 months after the delivery. Goods deemed 'no longer required' due to ordering error, surplus to requirements etc. may be considered for return providing prior authorisation is obtained and goods are returned in a resaleable condition in the original packaging within the first calendar month following despatch. Where authorisation is obtained a 20% handling charge or minimum £10 whichever is greater will be charged. The company will not accept goods returned without prior authorisation or in a non-saleable condition-in such cases goods must be paid for in full by the customer.

Any Queries
Ring 08451 25 25 50 for the Step by Step helpline.

I'd still send it back. tell them they didnt advertise it as cheap tat!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Monkey1
16-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd still send it back. tell them they didnt advertise it as cheap tat!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lol!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I need it though so i guess i'm stuffed!:D

Mouse
16-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Can I ask why you need it?

I would be tempted to pull a bit off & phone up to say it's damaged :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
16-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I can see why you ordered it though! It actually looks really impressive to me! I want one!!!:laughing:

But having read the reviews here, I don't think I'll bother!

essexgirl1967
16-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I too was very tempted to buy this as I have a downstairs toilet that is used solely by mindees. As it is an old house it is a strange layout and there is no room in there for a basin for hand washing. I'm reluctant to let mindees wash hands at kitchen sink as I think ( maybe wrongly) that this would be frowned on by Ofsted. I have been considering having a washing up bowl with bubbles in it on a shelf unit and a towel on a hook on the wall for drying hands. I would change the water regularly as I have lots of after school mindees. Do you think this would be ok? thanks x

Monkey1
16-06-2009, 03:18 PM
As i work out of the playroom (converted garage) i have a shed that i use as a bathroom under an enclosed area. I have a camping loo which was ok'd by Ofsted as long as i don't use chemicals (which i wouldn't!) At the moment i have a washing up bowl sat on top of a plastic bin. The children pour some water into the bowl and when they have finished they tip it into the bin underneath. We then use this water to 'flush' the loo (thank god i don't look after a child like Sarah does!:D ) Trouble is the water ends up everywhere but in the right places! I thought this might look more suitable. I am thiking of calling them to say the pump isn't working on the hope they might send a spare:littleangel: :rolleyes: :cool:

Essex Girl, you either need to use paper towels or give each child an individual towel. I lost points for that on my last inspection nearly 4 years ago. Now i buy these HUGE rolls from a local market for £2 that last forever that they use to dry their hands and i also use pieces to line my nappy changing table with! HTH x

Mouse
16-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Ah, I understand now. I thought perhaps it was something else that Ofsted had introduced!

I suppose I could do with something like that. I have an outside toilet, which is a godsend when we are all outside (saves having to traipse everyone indoors just for one little on to go to the loo.) I have a washing up bowl & I just pop into the kitchen for water for them to wash their hands.

PS. I've found SBS very good for sending replacements when things have broken ;)

Lady Haha
16-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I buy that anti bacterial hand wash stuff that uses no water, just rub it on and it dries itself, for before eating. Is this stuff acceptable by Ofsted?

It's just that my bathroom is upstairs and I can't imagine the hassle of getting six or seven kids in there washing their hands before eating! Plus I have a rule that only one child is allowed up there at a time as they were going up in twos and threes and just messing about up there! It would take an age to get them all washed up for tea!

janedoe
17-06-2009, 02:27 PM
As far i am aware you can sen it back for a full refund.anything purchased on the net comes under long distance selling. check out the mse site.