PDA

View Full Version : Why is it always September or October?!

Tippy Toes
15-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I have had several queries from potential 'customers' but they all need childcare September/October! :eek: When they will be finishing maternity leave.

Why does nobody need childcare now? :(

Anybody having similar experience? :blush:

tulip0803
15-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm not even gettingenquiries for then:( . Very quiet my way:(

HENNY
15-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Things are very quiet here as well - not even getting enquiries for sept at moment!I've just started delivering the leaflets iv had printed only 900 more to go!!!!:panic:

Pipsqueak
15-06-2009, 10:48 PM
my friend has asked if I can possibly have her two come sep/october - if she manages to get a job and thats been my only enquiry of late.

hang on in there guys

singlewiththree
16-06-2009, 06:17 AM
I've just started getting holiday enquiries but no under 5's at all for months.

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm not even gettingenquiries for then:( . Very quiet my way:(

Same here but lucky I am busy

Angel xx

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 06:19 AM
I have had several queries from potential 'customers' but they all need childcare September/October! :eek: When they will be finishing maternity leave.

Why does nobody need childcare now? :(

Anybody having similar experience? :blush:

Thats a shame

Keep advertising it is all that you can do

Good luck

Angel xx

grindal
16-06-2009, 06:26 AM
When I finished work in December all my enquiries seemed to want a minder in June. I thought it was ages away, but in March signed up a full time mindee for 1st June (I figured it was better to know I was gonna get some money in june than none!). On the same day, my friend asked if I would look after her little boy from 1st April till 1st June. She now wants me to continue looking after her little boy when my current mindee leaves (she is waiting for a place at a nursery). I think what I am trying to say is that I hope things work out for you like they did for me :blush:
Good Luck

miffy
16-06-2009, 06:41 AM
September will soon come round - sign them up, use it as a selling point that you have plenty of time for settling in visits (paid of course) and enjoy the summer

Miffy xx

mum2two
16-06-2009, 07:30 AM
I have spaces from Sept onwards, so would love to be getting enquiries for then...

I'm sure they'll start soo though, with new intake at school etc...

xx

Jen4Kids
16-06-2009, 12:12 PM
My enquires have been for September too, im signing contracts on thursday for a september starter. Ive had email enquires for september too, typically for tuesday and wednesdays when ill be full :(

But on a good note, ill be full from September by filling my 2 spaces :clapping:

Ripeberry
16-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Funny enough, i was checking Net mums childcare section and a woman was asking for a childminder in my village! I was gobsmacked to say the least. I e-mailed her back straight away and within 10 minutes she was ringing me on the phone!
Same as everyone, she needs her 1yr old to be looked after from September but she is living in Bristol at the moment, will move up my way in August, so that explained why she had not seen my adverts ALL over the place :laughing: .
She said she'll visit this Friday, but i'll see as so many have let me down at the moment.