PDA

View Full Version : SO how are the reg in March/April doing?

uf353432
15-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Just wondered how everyone was getting on - marketing, getting business? with paperwork? systems etc.

I have been surprised by the kind of enquiries I have gotten, I envisaged perhaps a full timer and some before and after schoolies - but actually most of the enquiries are term time only and part days or part weeks.

I am at the moment minding a 4 yr old one morning and one afternoon per week. A 1 yr old 2 full days and the 2 half days that the 4 yr old doesn't use. Siblings after school (8 & 9 yrs) one evening a week. I have a mum coming to see me to look at using me for 1 morning a week which leave me with 1 afternoon available per week until Sept. Then its all change in Sept when I drop the 4 yr old and the 1 yr old and have 2 sets of siblings across all 5 days increasing the after schoolies from 1 evening to 2 and if this little girl tommorrow pans out she will move to 1 afternoon - leaving me again with 1 afternoon free a week until further notice.

My policies are all in place, website up and running, checklists etc. Have my learning journals up and running and am actually getting some cash in per month which is lovely. Long may it last.

How is everyone else getting on?

estrelas
16-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi

I was registered March

Policies done, paper work ok, Learning journeys in progress, one has been home for mums comments now working on next steps.

I have a 9 year old b4 and after
2 year old 4 days a week
3 year old two days
5 year old after school

and 2 signed up for september so happy with work

I'm behind on tax :panic: , ra main ones complete, need to write three or four more

SEF starting this week, keep saying this but i really will start this week:laughing:

Now i'm up and running with everything in place i need to learn to be more organised, and start doing some courses

But all in all i feel its going well :)

Miriam
16-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Gosh it is lovely to hear that you guys are doing so well. I started minding last week - bit of a rush job as mum called out of the blue came to visit then started to use me the same day as my registration certificate came through! Think I have all my policies in place but really still getting to grips with everything. The Lo is full time 5 days a week so dont get much time for anything else! Glad to hear that will get organised in the end :)

misst104
16-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi

I have 2 boys of my own - 2 and 4 years. I am looking after a 3 year old for 1 day a week until Sept. Have another 2 year old starting in July for 1.5 days a week and 2 sisters starting 1 day a week in September (age 2 and 9 months).

So from Sept have

Ds1 at school full time (4 years)
ds2 full time :D (2 years)
G 1.5 days (2 years)
P 1 day (2 years)
M 1 day ( 9 months)

Which leaves me with a Mon and a Thurs mindee free, which suits me at the moment as I'm still trying to get my head around obs, learning journeys, next steps etc.

Policies in place, RA's all done. Have just been given SEF form but havn't looked at it yet :panic:

Been on a few courses and booked onto quite a few more and on Saturday attended our regional cm conference.

xxx jo

Jen4Kids
16-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I got reg'd in March and after a couple of quiet weeks at the start things have really picked up. Ive got all risk assessments done, policies and permissions done and signed. Ive got the Learning Journals covered and labeled and one has some pics inside with 1 observation, Ive decided to put pics on a discs as ive ran out of ink, so the other Journal is empty (hes only been here 2 weeks) One thing that has stumped me is finding out where thery are on the eyfs chart - how do i document this??

Anyway, i have Little L 2x week (started April), Big L 2x week (started May) and P 5x week starting in September. Im doing a friends holiday cover for 2.5 weeks in August for J. Got an enquiry coming tonight for a short term July cover, so if they say yes, ill be full from July onwards :clapping: :clapping: (i can only have 2 under 5's as my dd is 3)

Out of 4 enquiries, 3 have signed, 1 never came back and ive had 2 email enquires i couldnt do due to being full on those days

S far im loving it :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

uf353432
16-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Its good that everyone is so busy!! yay!

I managed to find a moment to get my SEF done - so am proud owner of a million words lol!

Zoomie
16-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Well I applied in March, and got registered in May, so can I tell you how I am doing.

If you don't want to know, just skip passed the rest of my message

I have two mindees almost full time, though one does go to nursery.

I have received my SEF but have filed it to file 13 as I have no intention of doing it until I have at least two months under my belt.

I hope to start recording my baseline stages of L&D in the next week or so.

I haven't started any obs yet (this is my second week), though I have done a bit of planning, cos I am working with nursery and am doing stuff that supports their current 'theme'.

But most importantly, I am absolutely loving it and can't believe that I get paid to go to the playground each day. Its great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

uf353432
17-06-2009, 07:15 AM
I was saying that yesterday - such beautiful weather and bring paid to play in the park all afternoon! life is very sweet! :clapping: :clapping:

Beckieboo
17-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I registered around the same time as some of u guys, and i am still WAITING!!!!:( Absolutely gutted, everything is set up and i am so ready!!!

I am so glad u are all enjoying it and doing well!! You make me so wish i was up, running and REGISTERED!!!!!!:laughing:

Polka Dots
17-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I currently mind a 2 year old and a 6 year old, things are starting to gradually pick up. From September I'll be looking after;

6 year old DD
4 year old DD
2 year old 2 days a week plus ad hoc days
6 year old 1 day after school TT only plus ad hoc days
6 month old 3 days a week
4 year old 3 days a week before/after school and holidays
4 year old 5 days a week school holidays only

My policies and procedures, website, permission forms and risk assessments are in place. I've made a start on planning and like Jo I'm trying to get my head round obs, learning journeys and next steps. I still need to do some checklists (cleaning, smoke detectors, fridge/freezer temp),planning and my SEF. Oh and I must catch up on my accounts! I'm way behind.

Not earning alot at the moment but I haven't got long to wait. :clapping:

Tatjana
17-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm very disheartened and fed up, have done all the advertising I possibly can and apart form a few enquiries which haven't amounted to even a single visit I remain mindee-less, boooo hooooo.

You all sound happy and content, only wish I was the same!

xx