PDA

View Full Version : CRB check

Holly
15-02-2008, 05:16 PM
my invoice has come through for the payment, which i will pay in a few minutes, 2 CRB forms have come through on the letter it says for my mum n dad, they have enhanced CRBs with the child protection thing done and its under 12 months old, does this mean they don't need to complete the forms? also, i have a CRB wheres my forms to complete? sorry a lot i know but i'm so confused now :o
1 last thing lol how long will this stage take? and what stage is next?

sarah707
15-02-2008, 05:24 PM
You all need crbs even if you've already got them. If they haven't sent you enough, you can download them from the Ofsted website.

a friend of mine had 2 recent cRBs from working in schools and still needed another to register... it's a penpushing thing I think!

Timing varies depending on where you live I'm afraid... if it's longer than a month / 6 weeks, you can start chasing I think :D

Straws
15-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I had already got enhanced CRB checks for my husband and myself when i first started the registration process, when ofsted phoned me to arrange a pre-reg i told them that i had already got CRB's she said to have them available at the inspection and i wont need to fill new ones in, when she came she just took the reference number from them. I had to complete a form for my daughter who was over 16 and she checked through it when she came, i just had to show her my daughters birth certifcate and bank details, and a letter from the uni to prove her identity.
straws xx

tulip0803
15-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I am having 2 CRB checks done at the same despite having one already from working with children, 1 for application another for scouts.

I was told that each certificate is only valid for the day it is issued as something can be added the following day, that is why everyone wants their own.

My scouts one came back this week having taken 8 weeks, which included Christmas, but even ones sent the same day can take different lengths of time. Still waiting for my CSSIW application one.

JuliaXX

Holly
15-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I have just phoned them and i don't need a CRB as my current one has been checked, my parents just have to sent in their current ones to be checked and thats it. So what happens now? excited! o and please could someone tell me when i should start advertising?
Thanks!

sarah707
15-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Lucky you with the crb... very unusual !

I would start once you've had your pre-reg and you've been on your icp course... then you know you've passed the exam and been accepted. If you advertise too early, you can lose customers as they have to wait too long and if you wait too late you could be without work... it's a tough one... wonder if someone who registered more recently has any advice? :D

littlesprogs
16-02-2008, 02:38 PM
iam recently registered had my pre-reg in october and got registered january all that time i was waiting for my crb check.

I personnally wouldnt advertise until you have heard that you crb is done because although they say 6-8 weeks it can take a hell of alot longer mine took nearly 4 months. I wouldnt like to keep parents waiting that long tbh but its your business and your choice