PDA

View Full Version : What % for phone and mobile

ahew30
15-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Starting doing my accounts (should of done it before but I put it off, as it is a headache) Can anyone please tell me how much i can claim for the phone, and mobile. I only work 10 hours at the mo.

Also my car was just serviced and cost me £447. how much of this can I can for, I was going to claim for depreciation rather than per mile as I thought it would work out better for me.

Please help.

Thank you

Audra

sarah707
15-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Here are the percentages for most bills...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

You can put through 2 ways for your car...

EITHER capital depreciation which includes bills, insurance, tax, etc...

OR 40p per mile travel costs.

I don't fully get the capital depreciation tbh but I know it is complicated. B

hth :D

aly
15-06-2009, 04:55 PM
I have a payg mobile [my work one] seperate from my normal mobile so i know whats been spent etc.

at first the inland revenue were not sure about this as they said about not keepign tabs on 'real' work calls...btu im with tmobile [so not sure about other companies] so they have online billing so that will go in my books.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-06-2009, 05:45 PM
To claim for any item you need to show justification

The IR expect to see itemised bills showing a breakdown of minded and private calls. I did mine on two bills last year and my mobile was 95% and home 10% so I now claim all of the mobile and none of the home.

As to the car you can claim the business percentage of everything to do with the cars cost. To know which way to go do a mileage sheet for the year and then calculate the actual business percentage and compare it to mileage - once you start depreciation you cannot swap and change.

I do depreciation and you need you car to be £8000 or more and a very high business percentage to be worthwhile. Mine is always 90% plus

Lady Haha
28-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I have two phones on contract. One is my personal phone and the other is my business phone. I claim the whole monthly payment for my business one. I'm not sure if thats right, but I can prove that I don't make personal calls on it! Every single person in the contacts list is a parent of a mindee. The texts are all to and from mindees parents also. I suppose a real nitpicking tax inspector might be able to say I deleted non business calls from call list, but that would be the worst it could be!

Monkey1
28-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I have two phones on contract. One is my personal phone and the other is my business phone. I claim the whole monthly payment for my business one. I'm not sure if thats right, but I can prove that I don't make personal calls on it! Every single person in the contacts list is a parent of a mindee. The texts are all to and from mindees parents also. I suppose a real nitpicking tax inspector might be able to say I deleted non business calls from call list, but that would be the worst it could be!

thats what i do to. My personal phone is £25 my work one is £15 a month

Demonjill
29-06-2009, 11:34 PM
You gotta choose 40p mile or depreciation cant swop about like Sarah says.:thumbsup:

But you can when you get a new car choose to do it the other way.:thumbsup: (depreciation -its like a starting with a clean slate)