PDA

View Full Version : Bottled or Tap Water

clorogue
15-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Do you use bottled or tap water?

Just read some more information about the dangers about keeping bottled water in a warm car - dioxins can be released into the plastic. Also do you buy from the shelf - again dangers of not knowing how long the water has been in the bottle already. Or do you use a filter? Or has anyone had their tap water tested for drinking to see what really is in it?

Thanks!

wendywu
15-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I just use tap water. Never really thought about it really, i mean i will but a bottle of water when i am out and need a drink.:)

aly
15-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I just use tap water.

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2009, 03:12 PM
We have a water filter :thumbsup:

christine e
15-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Good old council pop for me

Cx

clorogue
15-06-2009, 03:29 PM
If you go out what do you put the water in? Apparently they say it should be glass!! or metal containers and not to reuse the plastic bottles and also not to freeze water in the plastic bottles. Also not to reheat plastic in the microwave but to use pyrex - when using the bottles apparently it releases dioxins which cause breast cancer into the water. Apparently sheryl crowe has said that the dioxins which caused her breast cancer are related to how much bottled water she drank. I know there has been a programme on this - and my Mum has kept on saying about the bottled water to me!!

Blaze
15-06-2009, 03:31 PM
At the moment it's tap...though as finances allow hope to get a filter.

Polly2
15-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Tap here - very interesting

Daftbat
15-06-2009, 03:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with good old tap water. I refuse to pay extra unless i want to buy water whilst we are out for the day. I take water out with me in bottles from the tap and store it in cool boxes until i use it.

I refuse to worry about tap water as well as anything else - we might never get up in the morning if things carry on as they are.:panic:

FizzysFriends
15-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I use tap water, I do keep bottled water in the car though for emergancies.

I don't think there is anything wrong with tap water either, we live in a country that its acceptable to drink tap water.

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Well I never thought there was any difference

But for about the last 7 years I have only drank water / nothing else at all

I can really tell - you can stick a glass of each in front of me and ask me to guess and I will always know

Tap water tastes " tinnie" if you know what I mean :laughing:

Bottled def for me or from our fridge dispenser so it gets filtered

Angel xx

tinkerbelle
15-06-2009, 04:12 PM
weve got one of those american fridge freezers that do ice and water all the kids can help themselves its fab in the hot weather

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Well I never thought there was any difference

But for about the last 7 years I have only drank water / nothing else at all

I can really tell - you can stick a glass of each in front of me and ask me to guess and I will always know

Tap water tastes " tinnie" if you know what I mean :laughing:

Bottled def for me or from our fridge dispenser so it gets filtered

Angel xx

My dd can tel the difference too !

:laughing:

our ice cube dispencer in the fridge is filled with filtered water, fusy lot who live with me !!!

Hebs
15-06-2009, 04:16 PM
bottled water can be in there for such a long time that you can get toxins from the plastic so if you drink bottled always get it in a glass bottle :thumbsup:

but we have good old council pop too :thumbsup: glad it's not just me that calls it that :clapping:

The Juggler
15-06-2009, 04:28 PM
If you go out what do you put the water in? Apparently they say it should be glass!! or metal containers and not to reuse the plastic bottles and also not to freeze water in the plastic bottles. Also not to reheat plastic in the microwave but to use pyrex - when using the bottles apparently it releases dioxins which cause breast cancer into the water. Apparently sheryl crowe has said that the dioxins which caused her breast cancer are related to how much bottled water she drank. I know there has been a programme on this - and my Mum has kept on saying about the bottled water to me!!

I know you shouldn't freeze bottles (which I used to do to keep it chilled all day on outings). I now just make up juice in an empty 2 litre and chill it in the fridge. I think it's extreme heat and freezing that release the dioxins. So I clean out in warm water, rinse well and chill. I read the sheryl crowe thing, she said she used to drink water or reuse bottles that had been in her car in the heat you know how disgusting it gets. Not sure there is loads of proof but I've been throwing bottles now that get left in the heat.

I just use tap water mostly though and bottled if out and need drink desperately.

sarah707
15-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Council pop here too ! :D

Hebs
15-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Council pop here too ! :D

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:thumbsup:

aly
15-06-2009, 04:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with good old tap water. I refuse to pay extra unless i want to buy water whilst we are out for the day. I take water out with me in bottles from the tap and store it in cool boxes until i use it.

I refuse to worry about tap water as well as anything else - we might never get up in the morning if things carry on as they are.:panic:
I agree...it is getting daft.

yay for council pop!!

jessie1
15-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry if I sound daft but what is "Council Pop"

And now I can finally tell my mom that I have a reason for not drinking water!!!
I hate water, filtered, tap, bottled you name it. Only fresh 100% Orange juice with bits in or 2-3 500ml of Coke. Also dont even drink tea or coffee nor do I take ice cubes in my drinks.....

Alibali
15-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Lovely scottish tap water, can't beat it - sorry girls I know I'm out numbered but the drinking water up here is the best:thumbsup: Never get limescale or anything. (but we do have to put up with the midges!)

clorogue
15-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I do know that if you worried about everything you would never live! But it does make you think - plastic hasn't been around that long really and you wonder about what it is made of. Apparently - the same about plastic film on things to heat the microwave!

charleyfarley
15-06-2009, 05:45 PM
weve got one of those american fridge freezers that do ice and water all the kids can help themselves its fab in the hot weather

We have too and wouldn't be without it :thumbsup:

We also have a normal Britta water filter jug that is always topped up especially after our water was off for 4 hours the other week :eek: Luckily I did have some bottled water in for emergencies .

Carol xx

Twinkles
15-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I drink pints of water every day and i'm quite happy with tap water.

balloon
15-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Both to be honest, I buy in about 6 litres of Evian a week cos the kids and I like it and it means they're drinking water rather than squash all the time, but I also drink heaps right out of the tap (well out of a glass but you know what I mean, lol!)

Noodles
15-06-2009, 06:41 PM
i use water from fridge dispenser and ice and bottled sparkling water for me :) :)

flora
15-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Good old tap water here too :clapping: :clapping:

Demonjill
15-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Fab scottish tap water for me too.:thumbsup:

haribo
15-06-2009, 07:52 PM
tap water here too :clapping: i dont see the point of lugging bottles home when its fine from the tap - when i go abroad i always think how lucky we are to have drinking water so easily available here :clapping:

Helen79
15-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Tap water here too.
When we go out all the kids have a sports cap bottle each filled from the tap

PixiePetal
15-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Mostly tap for me too :thumbsup:

Will buy bottled if I am out somewhere and run out. DD doesn't like bottled, she does have a very acute sense of taste (and smell)

christine e
15-06-2009, 09:07 PM

And now I can finally tell my mom that I have a reason for not drinking water!!!
I hate water, filtered, tap, bottled you name it. Only fresh 100% Orange juice with bits in or 2-3 500ml of Coke. Also dont even drink tea or coffee nor do I take ice cubes in my drinks.....

Council pop is the stuff you get out of your tap!

I don't drink tea or coffe either but I drink lots of council pop!

Cx

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2009, 09:10 PM

Love ice in my drink, don't know what i woud do if ice maker stopped working in the fridge/freezer :D

ORKSIE
15-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Dont mind either.
But is it seriously spring water in the bottles?
Guess it has to be:)