PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what else to do?!

hollybritten
15-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Have advertised EVERYWHERE!! had quite a few people come round but for one reason to another haven't had any one sign!
What else should I do?
Will it get busy end of school holidays?!

TheBTeam
15-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I honestly don't know the answer, but what i can say is it very likely isn't anything you are doing, i saw quite a few families and wasn't lucky in getting the child. One day someone took a chance and i got my first 3 mindees within 10 days of each other. Ever since then it has been similar, i have got most of my new families within a few days of each other, then it whittles down again.

Now I am in need of more for September, so hoping too that it picks up over the summer. I took 8 months till i got my first mindee, i had to work hard to keep motivated! Good Luck to you, I am sure someone lovely will come along soon.

huggableshelly
15-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not lovely but I'm here ....

how about setting up an open day for national playday, drop leaflets off to local nurseries and schools ... i know its sounds like alot but might just be worth trying.

huggableshelly
15-06-2009, 12:35 PM
oh and in your leaflets state people must call to book in due to size of home and safety with numbers .. fire etc atleast then you will now how many you are expecting and when.

TheBTeam
15-06-2009, 12:39 PM
oh and in your leaflets state people must call to book in due to size of home and safety with numbers .. fire etc atleast then you will now how many you are expecting and when.

OOH My, you know I meant work will come along soon not a pest!!!

huggableshelly
15-06-2009, 01:17 PM
OOH My, you know I meant work will come along soon not a pest!!!

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh well duh me giggles ( can you tell I'm in a silly mood today huh)

wonders off to cause more trouble somewhere

michellethegooner
15-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I found once I got the first one in the door so to speak, the rest just followed, when I had a low peak last year, our school fayre was looking for prizes to donate so I offered a weeks childcare as for free as a prize ( yes thats how desperate I was) well the prize was won and passed on to a lovely family who had 2 kids they needed care for, They had been looking for a while and didnt know I was a childminder, that family stayed with me up till xmas when they moved away..

alternativly, apply for a new job and you will fill up, always happens to me, I apply for a job in a nursery cos theres nothing about, then bang I'm full :laughing: :laughing:

christinajanep
15-06-2009, 01:49 PM
try and stay positive, i know its hard to sometimes but its very true that as soon as you sign one up they all follow, its just like the enquiries you get - its quite for ages then you get 2 - 3 aday