PDA

View Full Version : Developmental records

venus89
15-02-2008, 04:14 PM
As a newly registered childminder the thing that is worrying me most is keeping developmental records of the children I'll mind. Can anybody reccommend a book or website which can guide me into knowing what to record and look out for?

Also, has anyone bought the NCMA journal? If so, can you tell me if it's just for one child or can I use it for more than one?

Thanks a lot

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:45 PM
The ncma journal, from what i've seen appears to be for the minder more than the child. It suggests looking at each of the learning and development sections and seeing how your resources meet them.

There are trackers but Ofsted don't like them as they are glorified tick lists.

I have put together a list of all the learning and development grids and I use them as a celebration of each child's learning - one per child per age of learning and development. Details are on my website.

There is some nice free stuff on www.bromleycma.org.uk as well - definitely worth a read and explore and I am sure there will be lots more as eyfs comes closer.

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to say hello to everyone! :D

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I have put together a list of all the learning and development grids and I use them as a celebration of each child's learning - one per child per age of learning and development. Details are on my website.

:D

can you add alink to it Sarah please xxx do I have this or is it for sale ?

xxx

son77
15-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I bought the NCMA journal & its just a glorified expensive diary!!

I write in it every day what the child has been up to then it goes home at a weekend for parents to read & add comments etc.

When its finished I will give use an A5 pukka pad instead, that way I'm not limited to use just half a page per day & its much cheaper.

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:54 PM
can you add alink to it Sarah please xxx do I have this or is it for sale ?

xxx

I will pm you :D

venus89
15-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you all, especially Sarah. I wondered if the NCMA one might be a bit expensive to get for each child, so I'll give that a miss. I'll look up the Bromley website and see what they have to say. It's all a bit daunting at the moment!

Thankyou x