PDA

View Full Version : Need to pick your creative brains....

MissTinkerbell
15-06-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to get a childminding support group set up in my village but I need a name. I don't just want to be Wittering Childmniders group or something similar and would like a catchy name that stands out so I can promote the group in the village and surrounding area.

I'd like something relevant (we're near RAF Wittering where the Harriers are based) and catchy. The local nursery is Flying Start and eventually we hope to hold our group on their site.

Any ideas? All I could come up with was Little Jets Childminder Support Group and that sounds a bit naff to me!!!

Help!!

Blackhorse
15-06-2009, 11:35 AM
what about
little eagles childminding support
flying off to a good start childminding group
The flying harriers
Flying tots
flying cadets or little cadets childminding help

that is all I can think of for the moment...

pinklady
15-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Jumping Jets?
Jolly jumpers/ Jolly Jets?
Blue sky?

Sorry not very good at this kind of thing :blush: but will keep thinking for you!:thumbsup:

twinkle3005
15-06-2009, 12:17 PM
What about:

Flying High Childminding Group
Aim for the Sky Childminding Group
Fly-by Childminding Group
:rolleyes: Thinking of somemore:

Take Off Tots Childminding Group
Runway Rasscals Childminding Group

Good luck finding the right name for your group

Jo xx

huggableshelly
15-06-2009, 12:22 PM
flying tots !!

boy I'm in such a silly mood and can see children on kite strings being towed by planes!

off to find a sensible braincell!

Blackhorse
15-06-2009, 12:30 PM
flying tots !!

boy I'm in such a silly mood and can see children on kite strings being towed by planes!

SNAP!!......

MissTinkerbell
15-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow - some great ideas thank you so much

My creative brain isn't working today

I love Runway Rascals... and Flying Tots - wonder if hubby could design me a logo with the kite idea!!!!

Keep thinking though as i'd like to go to the 2 colleagues who are helping me with a good list to choose from.
:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
15-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I am useless but the only thing that can to mind was

Harriers of Wittington ..... group

Pipsqueak
15-06-2009, 01:45 PM
JetTots

Wings Minders

poop at choosing names - I like Runway Rascals

Bushpig
15-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I like Runway Rascals :thumbsup:

grindal
15-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi
I know this is really unhelpful - but I quite like
The Whittering Childminders Group :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

her8y
15-06-2009, 03:49 PM
flying tots !!

Me too:laughing:

her8y
15-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I like runway rascals and jolly jets. Sorry useless at names so cannot add any

Pudding Girl
15-06-2009, 03:59 PM
don't think there's anything wrong wiht being just Wittington Childminding Group - at least everyone will know who you are, where you are, where you serve etc etc rather than getting confused and maybe thinking you are a nursery or something?

georgie456
15-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Flying tots is my favourite!

butterfly
15-06-2009, 07:35 PM
oooh! slightly different slant on this thread! can you let me know how you're intending to run? i was wondering whether to set something like this up in my town. there are 4 cms here now and a few in the neighbouring town who might be interested.
where are you holding your group? and how are you going to fund it?
also what sort of things are you going to do? are you just going to chat or have a sort of programme led by someone?

i was wondering about sharing good practice - maybe a different topic each week/month?

how often are you going to meet?

sorry to hi-jack just forgot to ask this question!!

Trouble
15-06-2009, 07:38 PM
little harriers club

sue
15-06-2009, 07:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
flying tots !!

TheBTeam
15-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I quite like fly-by childminding group.

manjay
15-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I think Wittering Childminders is very funny but maybe not the image you want to conjure up:D

My fave is Runway Rascals

RedDragon
15-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Pilot Lights

MissTinkerbell
16-06-2009, 09:29 AM
oooh! slightly different slant on this thread! can you let me know how you're intending to run? i was wondering whether to set something like this up in my town. there are 4 cms here now and a few in the neighbouring town who might be interested.

I had the idea and discussed with a friend. We then approached our Childcare Advisor to see what we had to do. She is now helping us with finding a venue.

where are you holding your group?

We are eventually going to use the community room in our local nursery (but its not built yet!!) so she's on the case.

and how are you going to fund it?

Apparently there is some funding available from the NCMA but we are hoping to use toys/equipment from the venue we use and then charge a small fee to cover consummable materials

also what sort of things are you going to do?

are you just going to chat or have a sort of programme led by someone?

I'm not quite sure of the format yet but hoping to have an activity session once a month led by one of us in turn; our childcare advisor has said she will attend once a month for a drop-in clinic and then the other 2 sessions will be fairly flexible.

i was wondering about sharing good practice - maybe a different topic each week/month?

I think we will probably have a monthly theme but not sure yet as we haven't discussed these things yet

how often are you going to meet?

Hopefully would like to meet once a week. The mums and tots group in the village is a bit cliquey and none of us like going up there so we want something fairly often

sorry to hi-jack just forgot to ask this question!!

Thats fine - don't mind.

MissTinkerbell
16-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for all your great ideas - have shared them with the other CMs involved in setting this up and we've all agreed that we love Runway Rascals Childminding Support Group as our name. Just need to design a logo now!

Thank you