PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge?

fun house
15-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi this is my first time on leaving a message, i have been childminding for the last 3 years for the same family mum told me a couple of weeks ago she is giving up her job. I am know looking for some more minding children.

I have had a call about looking after a child one day a week on a monday but they only want that day 6 in 10 weeks because of the jobs they both do. The longest time will be 8am to 6pm and the other times are 8am to 2pm and 1pm to 6pm. I have also been asked to the 6 in 10 tuesdays but only 3.30 to 5.30 as mum teaches swimming.

I am thinking on the monday i should charge the full day rate even if she is only here half a day, here the whole day or not here at all. As she is taking up a space on that day. Do you think this sounds fair? What should i do for the tuesday?

Thanks

Alibali
15-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I would charge full fee for every monday as you need to keep that space for her and couldn't possibly fill it with someone else, and I would charge my after school session rate for every tuesday too.

Blackhorse
15-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I agree with Alibali
that sounds like a good way of charging!

Chimps Childminding
15-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree with charging for every monday as you can't fill the weeks she doesn't need you.

Am I right in assuming that on a Tuesday it is the same child (who i guess is under 5 if you are having him/her 8 - 5 on Monday?) if so they would be taking up one of your under 5's spaces for 2 hours a day! so charging after school fees would leave you out of pocket, because again, you couldn't fill the day. I would charge the parent for half a day, because she will be taking up an under 5's space just for the couple of hours 6 weeks out of 10! iyswim :D

zippy
15-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Hiya

Iwould explain about only having so many under 3 places so they get where you are coming from, but I would tell them that you have to charge for every week not just the ones they want to attend. Ireally cant see any other child carers doing any different.

Zoe

fun house
20-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Thank you for your help i will have a chat with the mum and see what she says.