PDA

View Full Version : Following on from fathers day card for children without a dad ...

amirose
15-06-2009, 06:47 AM
I look after a baby who has had a lot of bad upset very recently with mum and dad and dad has now gone.
As he is a baby I could easily get away with pretending the day isn't happening and he wouldn't be here when after schoolers are making theirs.
If I make anything I would do hand prints but I am not sure I want to highlight the day infront of mum.
What would you do?

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Unsure

It depends on how well you know mom I think and how long you have had the baby?

Does she need support has she told you lots ? Maybe it would be nice to do something for her

But there again it might be best to ignore the day - mom might be upset and not want it mentioned at all

Think I would prob leave it for now

Angel xx

haribo
15-06-2009, 07:09 AM
i agree i dont think i would do anything in particular , the lo is too young to feel left out and it may only upset mum if you make an effort , she will be only too aware what day it is and feeling horrible , if he ( dad) left with so much bad feeling she wont feel he deserves the day to be marked ! as the lo gets older this may change but for now i would let her take the lead x

huggableshelly
15-06-2009, 07:10 AM
I make for a child's Grandad instead of Dad as Dad is no longer.

Another child parents are split, dad is active in his life so i'll do a card with him for his Dad.

Personally as baby is so small i would ignore it or as Angel has said do something special for Mum i'm sure she will appreciate it.

amirose
15-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking along the same lines as you.

LO only started with me a couple of months ago so even though I get on very well with mum and know the ins and outs of the situation I still couldn't say I know her well enough to judge her take on it.

I think I shall be pretending I know nothing!!!

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking along the same lines as you.

LO only started with me a couple of months ago so even though I get on very well with mum and know the ins and outs of the situation I still couldn't say I know her well enough to judge her take on it.

I think I shall be pretending I know nothing!!!

Good idea

Angel xx

Spangles
15-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Could you all do father's day cards for grandads as well? They have them in the shops nowadays although I don't buy them as I think they're a rip off. One shop even had 'to my husband on fathers' day' cards!

Do they think we are made of money? How ridiculous.

Anyway moan over - grandad cards is my suggestion! Ha ha!

Hebs
15-06-2009, 11:22 AM
we celebrate fathers day for granda, my kids don't see their dad (his choice) and as my kids get older they know it's coming up, we still celebrate it and they love making cards for their granda and planning his fathers day lunch, funnily enough with NO mention or upset about their own dad not being in their lives :thumbsup: