PDA

View Full Version : No Dad and Fathers Day?

helenlc
14-06-2009, 09:03 PM
What do you do about Fathers Day when some children have fathers and some dont?

I have 3 boys on my books that will all come this week - one has a daddy that lives with him, one's daddy is dead but lives with step-daddy and one doesnt see daddy!!

What do you do about making cards etc?

When I worked in a day nursery many moons ago, the children all just made cards that didnt say anything on the front and nothing inside except With love from etc.

But I think it would be a shame for those that have daddies not to say it on the card (although all 3 I have are pre-readers so wouldnt know whether it said daddy or not).

I was just curious what others do?

Thanks

Trouble
14-06-2009, 09:05 PM
i do have a dad but havent spoken in a very long time25+years

and on fathers day i used to send my mom one instead

i have the same predicament here:laughing: :laughing:

let me know:thumbsup:

sskent08
14-06-2009, 09:10 PM
that sounds lovley - could you say that you are making a card for someone they love

then then one with dad could choose dad but the other could send one to mum?

i do have a dad but havent spoken in a very long time25+years

and on fathers day i used to send my mom one instead

i have the same predicament here:laughing: :laughing:

let me know:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
14-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Personally DD will do hers to Grandad, all mindees live with or see their dads so will be doing dad ones.

If you know who they will send them too you could address them to that person, or you could do 'someone special' or 'your just like a dad'

My DD was forces to address a card to her dad at afterschool club and she cried for days after and refused to go back, so we are sensitive to it here.

angeldelight
14-06-2009, 09:13 PM
In the past we have just done a card for someone special and close to them and not made a big deal of it

Angel xx

Amaranth
14-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I have the same problem. 1 of my mindees has 2 mums but no dad, so what we do is make a card for Grandad instead :) Mindee is only 2 but Mums seem to like the fact that he is not left out. :thumbsup:
I also have a mindee whos parents split up and who still sees his Dad but doesn't like him very much! He always chooses to make a card for his Mum's new partner who is more of a Dad to him (in mindees own words :) )

Nicky
15-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I would perhaps speak with mum and ask if the card could be for grandad? I don't have this problem this year but have in the past and all mums have loved the idea of making a card for grandad!
Hope this may help.
nicky

peanuts
15-06-2009, 06:35 AM
tell the child send it to someone you love

helenlc
15-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I will check with the Mums!! Lol