PDA

View Full Version : A Question for those of you who have their own website

deeb66
15-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi

I was just wondering........

Do you get any enquiries or work coming from someone looking at your website.

The reason I ask is I have never had one and to be honest I haven't really wanted one.

BUT...in todays technological world I don't know if I am doing myself a diservice by not having one iyswim.

I suppose what I am asking is it worthwhile having one?......if I did set one up am I likely to get any work from it?

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Yes Dee I have and two of the children I mind came from parents who had seen my website

I also get heaps of messages from childminders who I do not know asking for a visit from Buttercup haha

I do have a friend though who says shes never had one call due to her website

So I guess it could work either way

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I dont think I have had some as a direct result ut it is an excellent way of advertising on your business cards flyers etc as all my paretns had looked at my website and the photos etc before coming to see me so they had a feel of what to expect, have a chat with Pauline you wont find anyone any cheaper ( in the nicest possible way I mean ). xxx

ma7ie
15-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I've not had anything from my website, although there is a link to it on the CIS site so parents can get more information about me before ringing. You never know though I might one day.

Marie x

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I agree with Susan I think its great for the parents they love to see it and they do pass it on so you never know you could get work from it that way

Also yes Pauline is brill and the price is also right

Angel xx

deeb66
15-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks ladies

If I did decide to have one I was always planning on getting Pauline to do it for me as I am useless at this sort of thing.

I will drop Pauline a line and see what costs are etc and then sit and have a good think about whether I want one or not.

As I said it's not something I have thought about before but kind of feel that I am being left behind as most minders seem to have one now.

manjay
15-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't had anything directly but if someone stops me at school or round the village I give them a business card with my website address on it. That way the can have a good nosey without me sending tons of paperwork to someone who potentially doesn't like the way my setting works.

amanda xx

miffy
15-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I haven't got one either and never thought about having one until i came on here

I can see the advantages though and do get quite a lot of work from cis website

Ummmmm decisions, decisions

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I have had a few calls from mine Dee... and it is linked to CIS which lets people look at who I am and what i do before they ring me :D

deeb66
15-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Hmmmmmm

I am now starting to see the benefits of having one.

As you say Miffy

Decisions decisions!

Angela234
15-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Paulione done mine i also wondered if it was worth it but most calls i have had through cis and my ads people have said they have seen my web site. I am the only one in our town with a web site i think it gives me a little jump ahead of the others, they can see what i offer and look at photos of my minding areas and see if its what they are looking for.

Well worth the small fee, Pauline also updates any infromation for you.

Angela

wellybelly
15-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I have a freewebs one and ive also got the address for this attached to my Childrens Information Website advert. Ive had 2 enquiries and its been up and running for 1 month. Im happy with that.

susi513
16-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I've only had one contract from a website enquiry but lots of people who found me from other sources checked out the website & told me they liked it, so certainly helps parents form an opinion of you.