PDA

View Full Version : picnics ??

mushpea
14-06-2009, 08:36 AM
on a friday after school we have just started going out to the park (weather permiting:rolleyes: ) i took a picnic this week for the mindee and a snack for my too cause they eat with us later on a friday, when you take yours on picnics do you sit them all down at the same time and eat then when theyve finished pack it away and say thats it till snack/tea time or do you let them have some then play then have some more etc.
also if they have sandwichs for lunch at school do you think its wrong to give them sandwichs for a picnic tea?

amirose
14-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I personally make them sit down until they have finished eating, they can come back for "sweet" but the main meal has to be finished (consistency!)

Whilst I do not nesscarily think it is wrong for them to have sandwiches again for tea what about something like cold quiche and salad instead?

FizzysFriends
14-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I make them all sit down together and when everyone is finished they can go and play again.

My lot like cold pasta better than sandwiches (which most of them have for lunch).

sarah707
14-06-2009, 08:53 AM
We all sit down together to eat after washing our hands...

Otherwise they get dirty again and you are forever going to the toilet to wash them :rolleyes:

It is down to the parents whether they are happy for children to eat sandwiches twice in one day. Do they expect you to provide a cooked meal?

huggableshelly
14-06-2009, 09:30 AM
same as above, i let them play then use a hand spray to wash hands as there are no washing facilities at the local park (loos are gross) then we all sit and eat, no playing until meal is done, but my picnics are of a lunchtime as I do not do evening meals so when we go to the park afterschool i take drinks for all and their snack too usually crisps or a pack of bickies and some fruit, again they sit to eat just like they would at home.

mushpea
14-06-2009, 12:11 PM
We all sit down together to eat after washing our hands...

Otherwise they get dirty again and you are forever going to the toilet to wash them :rolleyes:

It is down to the parents whether they are happy for children to eat sandwiches twice in one day. Do they expect you to provide a cooked meal?

i offer to do an evening meals as most of them are here till 5.30pm/6pm and my two have to eat anyway so i just cook for them all.
I was sort of thinking that i would maybe sit them down then clear away when they finished, when we are at home if they leave the table then thats it no more meal so will cary it on when out, its just nice to know that other people do the same and i am not a meany:eek: :D