PDA

View Full Version : interview 1pm, help!

mumof1
14-06-2009, 07:47 AM
I have parents coming round at 1pm 2day, they r looking childcare for there 3 young children. I have a dog (16 week old chocolate labrador) will i keep the dog in the house are send to a friends house?, if i put her out the back she crys as she is still very young.

Also will i keep my 6 year old daughter with me, she gets very excited when children come to the house for first time and i dont want my attention being taken away from the parents.

OH is being sent out anyway! Dont want the house to seem to crowded lol

Sorry for going on abit, any advice would be great

miffy
14-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I'd say do whatever you are going to feel comfortable with and not get stressed.

Your puppy might be a talking point and help break the ice and you could ask your daughter to help you by showing the other children some toys and playing with them.

It's important you're relaxed - this family have three children of their own so I'm sure they'll be used to excitable children.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

sarah707
14-06-2009, 07:56 AM
When my son was younger he sabotaged more parent meetings than I care to remember :rolleyes: He used to say silly things and try to push himself between me and the parents... or second guess me and I'd end up patiently explaining myself because he was making me look like I was telling lies.

It's a phase some children go through I'm afraid, probably linked to them not wanting you to like other people / children more than them and a little bit of insecurity.

You could either send her out with dad for the day or try explaining again the benefits of you working from home and make her into your special helper. If all else fails, I suggest bribery :o

Good luck with the interview! :D

FizzysFriends
14-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I would have your daughter there, I usually set up happy land and my daughter (7) will play with that with the ones that are visiting.

I would either get hubby to take the dog a walk, or have her there but not where you are going to be talking to the parents.

sue m
14-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Don't panic. Personally I think it will be great to keep the dog there, it's only a puppy and it will be a good ice breaker. If they are ok with you having a dog and they do choose you, it will grow up with them and know them. I'm so jealous you have a chocolate lab!!! :p I only ever had yellow ones but they are gorgeous.

Anyway, I'd keep your daughter there too (personally) and why not let your husband stay and introduce him and then he can wander off. If your little girl is very excited, see if she will go with her Dad but she might not want to. It's nice if they can meet everyone who will be around their kids. Just my opinion, how I used to do it.

Good luck, you will be fine. They will be as nervous as you.

mushpea
14-06-2009, 08:01 AM
good luck with the interview.
as for your daughter it would be nice for the parents to meet her, they might think it strange if you sent her away or on the other hand you could say you did this so you could chat and give them your full attention and that they are welcome to come for a second visit to meet your daughter, My son is quite hyper and my daughter can be full on when other people are here but i always have them here at interviews so parents and the other children can meet them, after all it could be that the other children dont get on with your children and it might not work, so far, with lots of bribes:blush: , it has gone ok with my kids being here, i tend to think that if they dont like my children at the interview or find them to full on its better for them not to come then to find out a week later that they dont get on with my two.
As for the dog we have a 3.5yrold black lab who is so laid back its ridiculous, if he gets out of his bed to meet somone they are very honered cause hes that lazy:rolleyes: I tend to let the parents come in and then say would you like to meet the dog? some do and some i've had are petrifed of dogs and wont go near him but they still want the kids to come here because they dont want them to be scared, anyway, do you have a gate on your kitchen or somwhere so that the dog could meet them then be 'put away' whilst you speak? again if the dog wil be there when the children are there then they should really meet.
good luck and hope all goes well , let us know how you get on.

sue m
14-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Forgot to say, see if your husband will take your daughter AND the dog with him when you have all introduced yourselves. It will be easier to talk 'business'.

Mollymop
14-06-2009, 11:30 AM
You'll be fine, I bet.

I would keep you dd there, it would be nice for the parents to see how they all
play together and give them all a chance to play and look around while you talk to the parents and hopefully get things signed.

I love my kids being there when the parents come because my 2 love meeting other kids and playing with them.
I would leave the dog there as well so the parents can see what he/she is like with the child

Good luck xx

Tippy Toes
14-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Good luck! Im sure it will go well. I would let your daughter and puppy stay with you as they are going to be around when you do start to look after the children. :)

mumof1
14-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks, only 10 mins to go, the house is all ready, puppy is out the back and daughter is just playing away. So just goin to leave it at that and see how it goes.

I will post when it is over and let yas all know how it went, thats if she even turns up:idea:

balloon
14-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Too late to offer any advice so will just say hope it went well. :)

Do let us know how you got on :)

mumx3
14-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Mollymop
14-06-2009, 01:14 PM
How did it go? Fingers crossed:)

mumof1
14-06-2009, 02:59 PM
:angry: she didnt come, txt me at 1.10, and said baby wasnt well, all that rushing about for nothing, so annoyed

miffy
14-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh what a shame!

Hope she rearranges when the baby is better

Miffy xx

Tatjana
14-06-2009, 04:29 PM
That's a shame, but at least she was courteous enough to text you.

xx

Tippy Toes
14-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh no! :( Cant believe she cancelled! Why does that always happen? :panic:

I always stress out thinking about it and getting ready for it and then you get the dreaded phone call! :angry:

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 08:02 AM
:angry: she didnt come, txt me at 1.10, and said baby wasnt well, all that rushing about for nothing, so annoyed

Oh no

So tyical you work yourself up and then they do not come but at least she did contact you some dont bother

Did she make another appointment with you ?

Angel xx