PDA

View Full Version : nice moment for me

little chickee
14-06-2009, 07:11 AM
I had a really nice comment from a parent whose child i have been minding for just a few weeks - its the childs grandparents who have been coming to pick him up and his Mum told me that they are full of praise for me , think im wonderful and how lucky she is to have me:jump for joy: :blush: .

this was also said in front of several other people too so made me feel really good about myself - its the moments like this that make it all worthwhile.:)

sarah707
14-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Awww that is lovely! :D

charleyfarley
14-06-2009, 07:14 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done to you, as you say these things make it all worthwhile.

It is nice to hear how much they value you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Toothfairy
14-06-2009, 07:48 AM
:clapping: Thats Lovely. :clapping:
Parents are very quick to moan and groan, so it is realy nice when they show how much we are apprieceated.

miffy
14-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Well done - that's lovely.

I'd ask mum if she'd write down what she said so you've got the evidence for Ofsted too.

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
14-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Ahh that's so uplifting isn't it? I heard that an ex parent of mine had been praising me while they were still with me I mean, at some family fun day, to someone I know not sure if they knew that I knew them though, so that was lovely :)

Daftbat
14-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Its what makes the job so good sometimes - not every job gets feedback like ours.:) Just as well though with some of the other stuff we have to put up with!:eek:

Lady Haha
14-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I had something similar to that! One of my mindee's Grandmother was taking mindee out for the day a few Sundays back and asked if she could take my son as well as a way of saying thank you for looking after her!!!! I was so chuffed!!! I did say 'well, I do get paid for it!' and she said, yes, but you do far more than you need to. :blush:

Another one of my mums introduces me as 'my brilliant childminder' every time I see her in the playground on the odd days she collects.

It really is lovely to be appreciated!

Tippy Toes
14-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Well done! That is really lovely. :clapping: