PDA

View Full Version : eppi pen training

kindredspirits
13-06-2009, 08:14 PM
not sure if i've spelt it right! lol i had a parent visit yesterday potentially looking for space in october - her youngest (aged nearly 2) has severe peanut and egg allergies and has piriton and an eppipen - does anyone know where i can get the training to use it and if it will cost me?? just want to be armed with knowledge if she does decide to come back to me.
thanks, anna x

Trouble
13-06-2009, 08:17 PM
epipen training so close:laughing:

the nurse at any practise or hospital will show you ask the parent to get you an appoitment

i have it thank god i didnt need to use it

free:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Minstrel
14-06-2009, 11:13 AM
It's patient specific though so the child's allergy nurse should be providing training for anyone who needs it for the child. Parent will be able to organise it for you. :)

kindredspirits
14-06-2009, 01:20 PM
:thumbsup: thank you - parent had the pen prescribed for a year before they gave her training on it tho!! :rolleyes: typical that the one first aid course i did didn't cover epipens - i think its standard practice now!

Helen79
14-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I had epipen training recently. I rang the allergy clinic at the hospital & they didn't charge.

Deb
14-06-2009, 10:28 PM
It's nothing that major tbh - the child's allergy nurse is the person to help you - she will provide you with a crisis plan and what to give, when, and when to call the 999's.

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 06:27 AM
There is some information here

http://www.epipen.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions.htm

Also at the bottom a link for a free trainer pen ?

Angel xx