PDA

View Full Version : Cheek of it!!

Schnakes
13-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I sent out a letter this week telling parents all the leave I was taking up until March 2010. I also, out of courtesy, told them why I was taking that leave. One of the days is a family wedding.

Cheeky parent asked me today if I would mind taking her two year old daughter!! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Shows the level of consideration these people give me really.

Sx

jumpinjen
13-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry but i giggled as it isn't that surprising... I have one set of parents that push it extremely!!

Just laugh... at least you have a check on reality!!

Jenni x:)

Trouble
13-06-2009, 08:08 PM
That doesnt suprise me:panic:

did you smile sweetly with horrible thoughts:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haribo
13-06-2009, 08:16 PM
well do tell lol what did you say ??:laughing: :laughing:

wendywu
13-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Did you say of course she can be a bridesmaid:laughing:

You should have told them you were going potholing and see if they still ask you, or maybe deep sea diving with the great white sharks:laughing:

charleyfarley
13-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Sounds about right, as Wendywu says she should at least be Bridesmaid. :D

Don't forget to take her on your exotic holidays too :thumbsup:

Carol xx

miss mopple
13-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Unbelievable! Hope you told them where to go!

mumof1
13-06-2009, 08:46 PM
OMG that is crazy!

Some ppl these days lol

wendywu
13-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe you should offer to adopt her:laughing:

mummyof3
13-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I think you should take her along, how inconsiderate expecting the parents to take a day off work for you to attend a family wedding. :eek:

Don't you realise we childminders have no life of our own!!
:rolleyes:

Oh I am being sarcastic by the way I don't want to offend anyone :laughing: ;)

Tatjana
13-06-2009, 10:00 PM
:eek: :eek: :panic: :panic:

I'm speechless!

xx

Toothfairy
14-06-2009, 07:56 AM
When they next say they are going away on holiday, ask them if they would mind taking your son/daughter with them! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
14-06-2009, 08:08 AM
What did you say to them?

Mollymop
14-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I am sorry Shnakes, but I think you should take her to the wedding, after all you are there for these parents, you shouldn't have a life, NO, because you don't really work - so I think you should take the little girl with you!!!:panic: :mad:

Tippy Toes
14-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I cant believe that!:eek:

her8y
14-06-2009, 11:32 AM
When they next say they are going away on holiday, ask them if they would mind taking your son/daughter with them! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: Nice one. Might try that!

Daftbat
14-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!

I think some parents need to look up the word nanny compare it with CHILDMINDER!
:angry: :angry:

Alibali
14-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I can't believe you didn't offer to take them all with you and then for a fortnight in Benidorm, after all you are offering a childminding service so you must love having kids with you all the time:laughing: :laughing:

sunflower
14-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Ya just gotta laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

some parents are so funny !!!!!!

Spangles
14-06-2009, 03:31 PM
That made me laugh! How funny are some people!

wellybelly
14-06-2009, 03:39 PM
My annual 3 weeks holiday always inconvenience somebody. 1 mum asked if I could not take my holidays in the school holidays as it costs them more for their holiday. I said "Im not stopping you going during the school term". Its just she doesnt want to have to pay me.

balloon
14-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Cheeky parent asked me today if I would mind taking her two year old daughter!! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Sx

This I can believe!

How dare you try to have a life of your own!! :rolleyes: ;)

georgie456
14-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Unbelievable!!!!:panic: :panic:

Just when I think I've heard it all too!!!!

tulip0803
14-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Nothing surprises me after the family I had years ago that asked me to drop them at Heathrow Airport from Harlow Essex (to be there early morning) on Christmas Eve as I was due to have their son. That and my own two and another 2 :rolleyes:. I politely declined.:laughing:

Schnakes
14-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Im glad you lot find it so funny!!! :laughing:

I just told her that I would be far too drunk at the reception party to be able to look after her daughter without vomiting on her or beating her senseless, as a I am sicky violent drunk....!!! Just joking!! Heh!!

No! I politely told her that the wedding was "up north" so the journey would be too long, so NO. (What I was thinking in my head was ":censored: no!!!). Of course, the wedding is only about a 10 minute drive, but I thought that just puts an end to any possible argument she could come up with!

I couldnt belive my ears! Obviously I only exist to serve these people. Im not even joking - if I didnt need the money at the moment this would have given me cause to hand over my notice. Im NOT happy.

Ive got a weeks holiday in glamarous Shropshire this summer...no doubt she will be asking if her daughter can come. In fact, despite me writing on the letter which days I was having off, she has now asked me on two seperate occasions if I can have the daughter the day we are leaving AND the day we are coming back. NO!!!!!

I dont even charge for leave!!!

Sx

Trouble
14-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Cheeky witch

why cant she look after her own daughter :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Poor kid:panic: :(

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 07:04 AM
I sent out a letter this week telling parents all the leave I was taking up until March 2010. I also, out of courtesy, told them why I was taking that leave. One of the days is a family wedding.

Sx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I just could not help but laugh at that

What a cheek

Angel xx