PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

tigger
13-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Not really sure what to do about childminding anymore. Dh still no work after a couple of months and as of the begining of July I will only have 1 lo for 2 p/t days. Mum gave me a letter to say as lo will start nursery in Sept she will be reducing hrs to 1 day 9-3.30. There is no sign of anyone out there and everything seems to be going down the toilet quite literally. Do I stay minding or do I try and get another job as a Teaching/learning support assistant? I need hours to work around my children as they are still young. I need to be around them in holidays and to drop and pick up and this seems another option. I am so confused I just don't know what to do for the best. If I stay with my minded one if any other calls come in I have to factor him in for numbers and for 1 day I don't know if it is worth it. I know something is better than nothing but financially I don't know how much longer I can do this. Any words of wisdom out there or anything would be appreciated. I just can't seem to think in a positive way at the moment and feel as if I'm sinking fast.:(

breezy
13-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I dont know what to say really, you could have one last massive advertising campaign and go for other jobs at the same time and see what happens. If a better number of hours/mindees came up you could give lo notice.

Try not to get too down x

miffy
13-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry not much to add but didn't want to read and run.......... I think I'd do what Breezy suggests and see what happens.

We're always here if you need support and there are plenty of other members who thought their buisness would never get off the ground who've now got work so don't lose hope just yet.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
13-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Do everything, apply for the jobs you mention and also, as already suggested, get out there and advertise in anyway you can....maybe even babysitting services?

Good luck!

xx

aly
13-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I would maybe not take his place into consieration espcially if he is leaving in sept anyway???

it's only a few months away.

or second option is to find a part-time job until you get more mindees in???

charleyfarley
13-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I would apply for jobs but also advertise at the same time and see what happens.

Good luck and I really hope something comes up soon :thumbsup:

Carol xx

huggableshelly
14-06-2009, 05:45 AM
I would consider applying for a part time job just to help fill in time until you have a fulltimer or 2 even if its just as a cashier at a local shop something you can pick up and drop when needed.

sarah707
14-06-2009, 07:15 AM
I was in this position a few years ago.

I advertised like mad and got a call... that call led to another child the family knew and now I'm full.

It's very hard though and I did consider going back into school for a while, but my first love is childminding.

Good luck with whatever you decide :D

mushpea
14-06-2009, 07:53 AM
we have an agencey near us that uses temps for working in schools and nurserys, could you do somthing like this untill more mindees come along? I wouldnt turn down a full time mindee because of the 1 day a weeker.

Bananabrain
14-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Have been in similar position last yr so really feel for you.

Things went horribly wrong for us but we made a decision that we weren't going to throw in the towel,{believe me we came close}

Think you have to carry on minding and advertise,advertise, advertise.

Also we set ourselves a time limit because the stress was really starting to get to us {I was still minding and putting on a brave face everyday,not one of my parents had any idea that we were on the verge of losing our home}

I just want to say that things will turn round for you.I know they will.And it will be when you least expect it.

Dig your heels in and do not give up........................ever.

Sending you positive thoughts.