PDA

View Full Version : should he stay or should he go?????

chewy sweets
13-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I've go my pre reg inspection on the 8th July. My question to everyone is-
Should i have my 13 month old baby boy with me during the inspection???
I think i'd feel more comfortable and more likely to be able to concentrate if my mother had him that morning. But will it look bad if i don't have him there??
As i am registering to be a childminder. The only Thing is my little one is sooooo busy and takes so much of my attention!!:huh:
What should i do ?????

Blackhorse
13-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I think I would still have him there..!!
I am sure it will be fine!

christinajanep
13-06-2009, 06:37 PM
my honest opinion is to let your mom have him whilst its going on.
Your likely to be very nervous and your not gonna want to be chasing after him.

breezy
13-06-2009, 07:52 PM
It's your choice, do whatever you feel comfortable with .

jumpinjen
13-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I had my daughters there on my pre-reg visit but i was so nervous it translated to my older daughter and she as really upset and anxious and behaved that way, clinging and crying... it was really upsetting as I knew that it was MY nerves that had made her that way!

The inspector only needs to see that your home is safe/clean etc, your paperwork, certificates, CRB etc and ask you questions about how you would deal with things... she looked at my toys and resources and made comments but whatever is said doesn't affect your grading at that point... it is to approve you to be a childminder.

When my quality inspection came around I would have been quite happy if my husband had been on late shifts and able to take them to the park, as she told me right away that she couldn't take into account anything that i did with my girls so wouldn't be looking at that at all!!

Try not to be too nervous!!

Jenni x

mumx3
14-06-2009, 01:02 PM
definitely get your mum to have him if you have the option!

My pre-reg last 3.5 hours and my 3 children were staying with their grandparents for a few days as it was the Easter hols. Perfect timing!

I dread to think how long it would last if I had had kids with me too.

I needed to concentrate on all the questions and being distracted would have made it more painful!

good luck

balloon
14-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Mine went up to their room and played (they're older), my pre reg also took about 3 hours but was very informal and tbh I think we spent more time chatting about nonsense than we did doing childminding type stuff...

If mine had been a baby I think I would have gone with the 'go with granny' option for a while - a treat for granny and the baby and less stress for you.

Gizmo
14-06-2009, 06:06 PM
On my 1st visit kids were at school and nursery but the cco wanted to meet them so arranged the 2nd visit for after school he spoke to them for 2 mins then I shipped them next door into grannys :thumbsup:

mummyof3
14-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I got hubby to take my 3yr old out for a few hours. Ofsted lady actually asked where he was and when I said he was out with daddy she said you really didn't have to do that!

I found myself easier to concentrate and calmer not having him there though tbh.

josiebumpkin
14-06-2009, 08:28 PM
My mum looks after my little boy and she had him with her for her pre reg he is 18 months and just kept himself busy... when he was 13 months I dont think she would have chosen to have him there...

Do what makes you feel the most comfortable :thumbsup:

chewy sweets
14-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the relpies. Decided to let him go over my mums house. Just think i'll be able to concentrate and relax more without him here! Poor little thing!
Never mind he'll enjoy playing over his nans house anyway!:laughing:
Thanks Again x:clapping:

Cazz
14-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm glad you asked this question - I 've been debating the same thing!

I think I'll ask my mum to have my dd who's 17 months - although normally she's as good as gold you can bet your life that day would be the exception!

Good luck with your pre-reg - let us know how it goes.

Carole x

chewy sweets
15-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeh good luck and best wishes for yours too :laughing: