PDA

View Full Version : help, confused!

mumof1
13-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I cant decide if i want to be a childminder working from my own home or minding from childrens own home, im still waiting on cert., so i could go either way.

My sister is a childminder and works from childrens own home and she has nothing but great things to say about it.

Thinking back to when i started thinking about all of this, my mind was set on working from my own home so i could be with my DD more.

O im so confused, please help!

sue m
13-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh dear! :) Don't panic. Think about it but just not all the time, weigh up the pro's and cons. Might be good to do it from the kiddies home as yours won't be in such a mess all the time lol. Will you be able to take your DD with you if you mind from their home? Have the weekend off worrying, think about it again on Monday. :thumbsup:

breezy
13-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Write down a list of pros and cons for both and see if it helps you think clearer.

mumof1
13-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Think i might just do that girls, i have been racking my brain over this for a while now.

But just going to see wat happens, i have an interview tomorrow for minding 3 children from same family in my own home, so i will c how that goes:)

mummyof3
13-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Do whatever you think is best for you and your dd its a wonderful job I am having the best time and I am around for my own children as well. I work from my home and somedays wish I didn't especially when the glue and glitter is out :laughing:

Good luck with the interview :thumbsup:

miffy
13-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Write down a list of pros and cons for both and see if it helps you think clearer.

I was going to suggest doing this too.

Good luck with the interview tomorrow

Miffy xx

mumof1
13-06-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks, i will let yas all know 2morrow how the interview goes:)

Tippy Toes
14-06-2009, 10:20 PM
How did the interview go? :)

The Juggler
15-06-2009, 07:14 AM
no experience of working from child's own home myself but recently met a nanny and she was saying how difficult it is, due to restrictions of the toys in the house. Ok as long as you are taking stuff with you but otherwise if you're being inspected as childminder and you have these restrictions then it might be difficult.

Also, she experienced difficulty about what parents actually allowed out, where children could play etc.

ORKSIE
15-06-2009, 07:29 AM
You can do what YOU want in your own home, make as much or least mess as you want, You may be restricted if you are in someone elses home:)

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 07:27 PM
How did the interview go

Angel xx