PDA

View Full Version : What am i gonna give them for tea tonight?!!!!!

peggy
15-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm stuck......!

I'm being lazy tonite and i need to do a food shop so my lot are gonna have chicken dippers but with what?!

One doesnt like chips, but likes potato waffles, mash etc..... the other doesnt like potatoes apart from chips. He absoutely hates his veg and also dislikes baked beans, spagetti hoops etc...- what am i gonna give him?!!! I am getting fed up of throwing large quantites of uneaten food away, and i dont like my mindees going home hungry.

We had pasta last nite.....

Arghhhh!:panic:

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 02:24 PM
*** it and have a take away :D

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Ditto susan!!:D

Spangles
15-02-2008, 02:32 PM
That's a tough one, all I can think of is salad and bread but I guess that won't be a good option either!

peggy
15-02-2008, 02:32 PM
actually i am very tempted to go out and buy them all a macdonalds tonight!

What does everyone else do in this situation, i cant keep cooking different things all the time, i did this before and it was burning a hole in my pocket so now they all have the same, but i'm just wasting stuff and it really annoys me, it equates to an adult sized portion full of wasted food. (perhaps i should serve it up to my husband! hee hee!!)

I guess tonight three kids can have chips and one have waffles with their dippers - and leave the veg off the plate for the one that dont like veg - but he wont be having a lot on his plate though.

(If none of them eat the dippers i'll go mad!!!!!)

peggy
15-02-2008, 02:38 PM
That's a tough one, all I can think of is salad and bread but I guess that won't be a good option either!

only one of the kids likes salad!

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 02:38 PM
actually i am very tempted to go out and buy them all a macdonalds tonight!

What does everyone else do in this situation, i cant keep cooking different things all the time, i did this before and it was burning a hole in my pocket so now they all have the same, but i'm just wasting stuff and it really annoys me, it equates to an adult sized portion full of wasted food. (perhaps i should serve it up to my husband! hee hee!!)

I guess tonight three kids can have chips and one have waffles with their dippers - and leave the veg off the plate for the one that dont like veg - but he wont be having a lot on his plate though.

(If none of them eat the dippers i'll go mad!!!!!)

I buy the kids a Mcs occasionally - its a mega treat!!!

I refuse to cook loads of different meals for my own or mindees. I (sort of) plan my weeks cookery and do it. If there are some genuine dislikes (but I am very fortunate, it is my middle child who cannot abide chips) I work around it generally but I normally put a little bit of it on that persons plate and try to encourage them to eat just a bit.

Rubybubbles
15-02-2008, 02:41 PM
my own to don't like chips:eek: haha, but will eat hm wedges, or circle chips (as in pots sliced like circles, sprayed with fry light then oven cooked!!) hey if it makes them eat them I don't care

You have reminded me why I don't do tea for mindies though:laughing:

I vote take out too;)

peggy
15-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Any new mindees i take on from now on, they can either provide me with food or pay me extra per meal!! Yeah, i'll be cooking different things but at least i'd feel a bit better throwing stuff away i've not paid for!

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I show parents sample menus of what I "do" and I basically say that if they want to have the meals they can do (at an extra charge of course) butI cannot/willnot force feed a child. Like I say I plan (generally) for meals for 1 (on occasion 2wks) in advance and I take into account of likes and dislikes and of course the all important balance!!!

I recently went through a spate with A - who refused to eat dinners (I ended up wrapping them up and sending them home - till she got wise to this - long story), mum asked me to stop and young lady then was given a banana in the evening and sent to bed as normal - she soon learned to eat her food or go hungry.

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 03:12 PM
If you want to have a take away this evening then do that - it is not going to hurt is it and its not something that you would do often

Have fun whatever you decide

Angel xx

deeb66
15-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Have to say that Pizza is looking good :)

Might be having a delivery in our house tonight too.

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Have to say that Pizza is looking good :)

Might be having a delivery in our house tonight too.

mmmmm thats convinced me Dee, pizza it is tonight xxx

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:22 PM
We had McD's for lunch... I think it's improved a bit since I was last there! Quite a wholesome looking sandwich with salad and a bottle of orange juice... quite balanced really!:D

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 04:24 PM
We had McD's for lunch... I think it's improved a bit since I was last there! Quite a wholesome looking sandwich with salad and a bottle of orange juice... quite balanced really!:D

we went last week when we went to macro at hull and I had a ne chicken salad and it was really nice and an oj xxx

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Guess where we went for Tea!!!! :D

deeb66
15-02-2008, 06:25 PM
mmmmm thats convinced me Dee, pizza it is tonight xxx

Pizza was absolutely scrummy!!!

Lou
15-02-2008, 07:58 PM
We had Pizza too!!!! not good for diet but oh well it is friday xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 08:01 PM