PDA

View Full Version : Scared

fucshia
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I have my registration certificate, and my insurance. no excuse now!! But it sounds silly I'm sure, but i'm SCARED!!!!! Scared what people will ask and if I'll sound stupid!! And although i've my policies, permission forms etc scared i've missed something!! I know I need to just do it and advertise, i've receive d the paperwork from my local council to send back to go on their paperwork and internet. But I'm scared!!!!:panic: :blush:

huggableshelly
13-06-2009, 05:38 AM
you need to relax, the hard bit is over now but I know its easy to say ....

once your first interview is over the rest will be much easier, I expalined to my first parent that she was the first one and apologised in advance if I'd missed things out, she was wonderful and told me what other cm's had in place to help me along.

Ofcourse 4 years ago cm's didnt need anything in place, training was done after registration and I didnt have this forum so in comparrison you are set up good and proper and just need confidence within yourself.

sue m
13-06-2009, 07:12 AM
And what Shelly said is absolutely true fucshia - honest!!! x

marian
13-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Relax and remember that parents will be just as nervous meeting a potential
childminder!

Marian x

Tatjana
13-06-2009, 09:38 PM
You will be in the comfort of your own home, the parents will be in a new environment, the advantage is yours to relax and really be yourself:thumbsup:

xx

ORKSIE
13-06-2009, 10:01 PM
You have been given good advise.
Just remember parents are nervous too:thumbsup:

mummyof3
13-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Its perfectly normal to feel this way. I've been registered now for 3mths I have three sets of parents that are happy with the care I offer their children. I panic I'm not doing enough and go over the top sometimes but you find what works best for you.

Be yourself and if you are anything like me - think before you speak :laughing: :laughing:

CherryBlossom
14-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Try and turn those nerves into excitement! lol

You really will be fine, its just the initial introductions..once you have done a few you will wonder why you ever worried!

Just get stuck in and don't look back!!!

x:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fucshia
14-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement. The councils form is filled in and i will post it back. Iwill be on their list of childminders with vancancies. You are right, I suppose once i'm over the first enquiries I will get the hang of things and as you say the parents may be worried too.

Mollymop
14-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Don't worry most of us felt just the same when we started. I like to think that most of the time the parents need us more than we need them - well at least you will feel this way when you get going, after a few months, etc.

It is not as bad as you first think I promise.

mrs c
15-06-2009, 05:59 AM
I still get a bit nervous when new parents come to visit so what I find best is to invite them for a kind of no obligation cuppa and chat. That way its more relaxed while we get to know each other.

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement. The councils form is filled in and i will post it back. Iwill be on their list of childminders with vancancies. You are right, I suppose once i'm over the first enquiries I will get the hang of things and as you say the parents may be worried too.

You will be fine

Take one step at a time and dont expect so much from yourself

Good luck

Angel xx

estrelas
15-06-2009, 07:06 AM
All great advice there!

Just wanted to wish you good luck, :)