PDA

View Full Version : Worried.....again!

berkschick
15-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I have taken on a little girl who is nearly 1, the one who doesnt eat but drinks lots of milk.

When the parents came to visit, they were talking about another minder who they wanted for G but she didnt have any vacancies so they had looked about and found me. Their son is good friends with this other minders son and lives close to them. The other minder has been minding for 8 years and recently got outstanding.

I was looking on the CIS website this morning and saw that the other minder now has a vacancy. :panic:

I am worried that they might now place G with them and not me.

We have signed contracts etc and are still in our 4 week settlng in period so they could remove her immediately.

Im just hoping that as G has been here a few times now and is settling in well that they will leave her here.

Part of me wants to ring them but the other part says leave it be!

miffy
15-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Try not to worry about this

Don't think I would ring them that is tempting fate

Sit tight and see what happens

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 02:17 PM
it might just be an error on CIS 's part and they havent updated their web site :) or maybe if it is right parents dont know and as other minder will know mum n dad found someone else she might not have mentioned it to them, hope they dont go xxx

Spangles
15-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I would definitely leave them be! What if they don't know there's a vacancy and you go and tell them?

Just go with the flow, tell them how well the baby's settling in, how much you enjoy having the baby, etc. etc. and just see what happens.

jmoff
15-02-2008, 02:53 PM
try not to worry! If the LO is settling in well, I don't think the parents would want to pull her out!

Good luck

Jana

Rubybubbles
15-02-2008, 02:56 PM
shhhhhhhhhhh don't say a word;)

Must admit though, I always take numbers even if I don't have space, and phone if one comes avaible (sorry but is good practise too!)

deeb66
15-02-2008, 03:29 PM
As the others have already said................

Don't say a word and see what happens

ruby
15-02-2008, 03:56 PM
iagree with everyone else keep quite and wait and see.
but if as you said the baby is settling in well then they might not want to move her any way

cathy and rachel

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't tempt fate... I'd hate to have to wait and see though so I know how you feel! :eek:

Blaze
15-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I agree...keep quiet & see what happens!
Tasha:)

Lou
15-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Agree with whats been said!!!!

Dont panic, they might not even realise she has a vacancy, and if baby is settling in well then i wouldnt imagine they woul want to move her!

No matter what DONT MENTION IT!!!!

susi513
16-02-2008, 01:24 PM
A possibility is that the other cm may have deliberately avoided taking on the child because of their "friendship". I've had families book places in order for their sons to play with mine, and then be astonished to find my son not here! I try to make it clear that my children have their own lives - they go to their friends houses, afterschool activities, get invited to parties etc and I do not expect them to entertain the mindees. But I still had a request from a parent to book a day this week when ds is in. It can be much easier to work with strangers!

This may not be the case at all, but just thought I'd point out the possiblity.

I would just carry on assuming that they will continue if its working well. Even if the other childminder does have a place and offers it to them, they may decide it would be disruptive for their child to switch when its going well. It will be handy for them to have the other childminder as a trusted back up - if she happens to have a space at times you are closed.

Think positive!
:thumbsup: