PDA

View Full Version : Stress

fionamal
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
What a night!

I had a parent who has been struggling to pay me each week and hasnt paid a penny for the last month and told me today she still couldnt pay me so told her I couldnt take her son anymore unless payment was made. She offered me £100 to cover her for £1250 for last month and this month. In this money I have him fulltime and supply all snacks and meals.

Told her to get realistic and if she cant pay me now what she owes then im not taking him anymore.

So next week I am a mindee less which will be nice cos hes a nightmare and will be less stress for me.

Do you think i did the right thing ? She cant keep letting it rack up and I cant keep feeding him on fresh air.

Sorry for the rant but im so hyper after all this too ing and fro ing with the parent tonight.

I think shes now not talking to me about it but to be honest I dont care anymore as i have done the work and just want my money.

Sorry, dont need a reply just had to get it written down

Trouble
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
they ncma legal people told me to do just that, she hasnt legally got a leg to stand on as the first late invoice payment is when she broke the contract. you have been more than patient

they did say not to charge late fees at £5 or £10 a day as the is above the rate of inflation or something like that

bless xxxx

Alibali
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Hope you feel better for venting. I think you've done the right thing and shouldn't worry about if she's talking to you or not, you are providing a sevice not a charity. Have a wee glass of wine and relax hun.

sue m
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Hope you feel better for venting. I think you've done the right thing and shouldn't worry about if she's talking to you or not, you are providing a sevice not a charity. Have a wee glass of wine and relax hun.

Absolutely agree! I had to read the amount she owes you twice! Thought I'd mis-read!!!

fionamal
12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone,

Feel better for getting it all out and will have a stress free time now I dont have him. Moneys not everything and at least im not forking out for food for him

miffy
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
You did the right thing.

Did you manage to keep the £100? Only a fraction of what you're owed but better than nothing.

Hope you have a good weekend

Miffy xx

Twinkles
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Frankly i'm amazed you've been so patient with her , she's seriously taking advantage of you.

Andrea08
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
you have helped in a way coz she was getting into too much debt

you did right and gave the family plenty of time to explain and pay up

xx

beckyteddy
13-06-2009, 11:24 AM
You've definately done the right thing............a stressfull child to care for, a stressfull parent to collect fee's from, you're much better off without them! And you've not dumped them unfairly, they have broken the contract so you have been left with no choice, really.

Hope you manage to get your money xx

Tatjana
13-06-2009, 10:08 PM
You've done the right thing, not only are you of pockt wiht the fees but you've paid out for food too.

Hope you're less stressed now you've made a decision.

xx

charleyfarley
13-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Ohh Fiona of course you did the right thing, the longer they leave it to pay the worse it gets.

If she can't pay now I really can't see her catching up iykwim.

As you say less stress, shame about the money though.

Are you covered to get it back???

Carol xx

huggableshelly
14-06-2009, 05:35 AM
you have done the right thing well done.

I wish I could do it, yes I'm still having a child who's mother is a total waste of space and not getting paid for it either but I'm tied in for now for other reasons and unable to desert the child.

mushpea
14-06-2009, 07:50 AM
I have been in this situation myself and was owed nearly £1000 so understand your frustration but the ncma legal team told me that even though she was in breach of contract that if i refused to take the children then i would also be in breach of contract and therefore they would not be able to help me claim any monies owed back so it might be worth your ringing them first ,i ended up having to work the 4 weeks notice period then claim it all back through the ncma legal team . I did get it in the end but had to threaten court action first though.

fionamal
15-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Well apparently she hasnt been telling the truth to her friends and family and now her fiance has left her over the lies. He had been giving her the money to pay me every week so he has now gone back home to Ireland cos hes no longer wanting involved in all her debt. He family are disgusted with her doing this also . She is now trying to get help from Tax Credits since shes back to being a single parent so she can get money to pay me and the other debts she has.

I think theres alot more too it but dont really want to know anymore. Have enjoyed having a nice quiet day without her son. She has said she will get the money to me by end of the month but wont hold my breath.

Pipsqueak
15-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I would put it all in writing to her as well and perhaps set out a payment schedule?

I had to read the amount twice. I couldn't face someone if i owed them that much. Sounds like the woman has problems.

You CAN withdraw care legally if you write it on the contract (in the space provided for extra notes etc) that this is what you will do in effect of non-payment. Checked with NCMA.