PDA

View Full Version : How did I do?

LeeAnn
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I had a visit today with a soon to start mindee (my first real one, I already know the two other kiddies I will be minding)

They were all very relaxed, the LO seemed to like my DD and they played well together.
We were discussing hours and I have already said I would be flexible. The nature of Dad's job means he doesnt find out his hours until the night before so I wont know until then either. I have told them I will need a minimum of 15 hours a week, is this ok to charge a minimum hours? It made sense to me and they were happy about it. I will be doing more like 25/30 hours a week. This also means that I will be paid for 15 hours when they are on holiday and stuff. Have I done the right thing?

Also on the spot they asked about meals etc, I said I could do lunch no problem, it would be easier in fact to feed them all the same thing. I said it would be £1.50 a day is this reasonable?

They are definitely wanting me to be their childminder and seemed happy with all of the above, I just wanted to make sure you all thought it seemed ok, you are all so knowledgable!!

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
12-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I think you have made good decisions. Personally I charge £2 per meal but that is choice.

Well done on your new addition.

her8y
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Sounds good to me. You just need to do whats right for you.:thumbsup:

miffy
12-06-2009, 08:54 PM
All sounds good to me too

Congratulations on getting the job

When do you start?

Miffy xx

cher25
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Congratulation's on getting the job. :)

LeeAnn
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
All sounds good to me too

Congratulations on getting the job

When do you start?

Miffy xx

I am starting full time from July 2nd when I finish up at work, but I will be doing afternoons prob not next week but the next.

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 11:48 PM
YAY well done:clapping:

Tatjana
13-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds likes everyones happy so it's the right thing, well done you!:thumbsup:

xx

huggableshelly
14-06-2009, 05:42 AM
fantastic well done to you xxx

atmkids
14-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I've got a 3 yr old starting with me in September and her dad also does shift work so would want me on a different amount of days each week. I told them that I would charge for a minimum of 3 days a week and they seemed happy with that.