PDA

View Full Version : Information pack/booklet

hanban
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi, can anyone give me any advice on making an information pack to give to prospective parents? I'm thinking of doing this but unsure of how much detail I need to include, and which key areas are essential etc...

claireodon
13-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi, I have a parent info pack which basically just contains a bit about me and my family and why I decided to become a childminder, benefits of choosing a CM, activities we do, sample menu, bit about EYFS and importantly a page listing my fees. I then have all my policies at the back with my references.

Hope thats helpful.

manjay
13-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a couple of different things that I give out depending on the parent usually. I have a trifold leaflet which gives very condensed info about me, my family, working hours and general ethos that I work to. I have a prospectus which gives more detailed info on the above plus a list of the policies I have and a precis of the main policies. (Parents get full copies of policies once they sign contracts). TBH nowadays most enquiring parents get my business card which points them in the direction of my website. This way I am not wasting paper and parents can see exactly how I run my business before deciding whether they want to come and see me or not.

I would offer to show you but my Publisher is playing up at the moment and I can't attach any files:(

PrincessCinders
17-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Manjay

The tri-fold leaflet is such a good idea i would never have thought of that.

Does make you look that little more professional than the usual :)

Hope you dont mind if i use that idea xx

nannis1980
17-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I am hoping to use the web as much as possible to save paper...But have decided to make a condensed portfolio for parents with separate sheets to sign (in the hope that some may give the pack back!)

xx

hanban
20-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Some nice ideas there thank you, I have been playing around with an A5 leaflet which is sort of an informal prospectus. I like the tri-fold idea too..!

sweets
20-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I gave my first few lots a parents my complete welcome pack, some signed and some didn't. so now to save on paper i too give them a condensed version in leaflet form and tell them they will get the full copy if they decide to go ahead and place thier child with me.

manjay
20-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Manjay

The tri-fold leaflet is such a good idea i would never have thought of that.

Does make you look that little more professional than the usual :)

Hope you dont mind if i use that idea xx

No probs. I have given loads of mine out at a village fun day today. As I said I would post a copy of mine but I am having trouble with my Publisher files. There are loads of templates here (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=trifold+leaflet&av=TPL000)

geordiebunny
22-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I thought rather than paper leaflets, of giving parents a cd with a copy of my website on and policies save on paper as most households have a computer and I've got loads of blank cds lying around. Also any enquiring parents would get my business card which has my website on. I have a welcome pack and polocies folder by my front door for prospective parents to have a look at at anytime. I also have my husbands business cards by the front door aswell so they can just take one and give him a ring if needed (he's a newly qualified plumber)

amr
23-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi :)

i have a trifold leaflet too, which has a bit about me, my family, experience/qualifications etc and a description of my setting - the rooms i use, garden, car, etc

i also have a full information pack with lots more detail, sample menus, and all policies in it which i show potential parents at our initial meeting, but i don't hand that out until we've agreed the child is starting and contracts are signed
.....i decided to change the way i did things after a local childminder's sister came to me 'looking' for childcare and i gaily handed out all my info never to see her again :mad: aw well....you live and learn :)

i do like the idea of a cd though ....much better for the environment :thumbsup: