PDA

View Full Version : On your first day with newbies... WWYD?

Pudding Girl
12-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Do you jump right in with your usual routine and toddlers group/friends for coffee etc or try to stay at home as much as poss for first few days?

Just asking cause I would normally forgo toddlers on a first day - well this will be in first hour tbh! - but there's only 3 more toddlers sessions left before they break up on 1st July and I don't want to miss it!

Shall I go with my brand new mindees on Monday or not ( will have met them 3x by then)? WWYD?

FussyElmo
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I tend to jump straight in with my usual routine so I would be going to your toddlers session:)

ajs
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
might as well start as you mean to go on

i think i would go to toddlers too

mushpea
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I get on with the normal routine , i feel that if you do somthing different to start with then go in to your routine not only will it be confusing for the new child but unfair on the other children.
same with rules , they need to be clear from the start, just had a new one start this week but havent changed a thing cause its start as you mean to go on here.
good luck with your newbie

Pudding Girl
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
ok cool, thought it may be a bit too much in the first hour or so, but if you would then I will go with that :)

So is it just me who loves showing off her new charges?! :blush:

Alibali
12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Yep, I agree. Start as you mean to go on:)

FussyElmo
12-06-2009, 08:28 PM
ok cool, thought it may be a bit too much in the first hour or so, but if you would then I will go with that :)

So is it just me who loves showing off her new charges?! :blush:

No its great introducing everyone!!!!!!!!

helenlc
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Go straight in with your normal routine - it will be easier for the child to accept the routine from the beginning rather than introduce it later on when they have got used to playing indoors.

fionamal
12-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I just keep the normal routine especially for the other kids, no point in upsetting them all from their normal routine

huggableshelly
13-06-2009, 05:43 AM
jump straight in .... mindees fit into routines pretty quickly xxx

Rubybubbles
13-06-2009, 06:26 AM
for me I would settle them in at home, but it often depends on the child for me!

Well done hunny and have fun yey

spowage
13-06-2009, 08:53 AM
routine routine routine stick to what you normally do! kids fit round you!!!!!! x:)