PDA

View Full Version : fees

It's a small world
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Me again.

Feel like I am on here all the time at the moment but want to get it so right
Do you charge weekly or monthly?

I've noticed that alot of you charge payment in advance. Out of curiosity what happens if you are unwell or something occurs where you don't charge IE: bank holidays ( have said no charge if contract day as not working bank holidays - read somewhere that you cannot charge if you do not intend to work - although I have stated that should parents need me I need advance notice and fee will be double rate- sorry gone on a bit there) or my holidays do you deduct it from the following months invoice?

accounts are the thing that scare me the most about this job !!!!!!!!

K x

Minstrel
12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I charge in advance but leave it up to the parents as to whther its weekly or monthly. Personally i think its nice to have a mix of the two.

If its a planned day off ie my holiday or a bank hol with no charge (I do charge for mine though as i am prepared to work them) them i just leave it out of the invoice. If i have an unexpected unpaid day off ie i'm ill or family emergency then i will deduct it from the following months/weeks invoice.

Hope this helps x

Playmate
12-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I charge in advance but leave it up to the parents as to whther its weekly or monthly. Personally i think its nice to have a mix of the two.

If its a planned day off ie my holiday or a bank hol with no charge (I do charge for mine though as i am prepared to work them) them i just leave it out of the invoice. If i have an unexpected unpaid day off ie i'm ill or family emergency then i will deduct it from the following months/weeks invoice.

Hope this helps x

Thats exactly how we work to.

Demonjill
13-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I think it depends on the individual parents.

Its very quiet in my area just now, 1 cm wants 2 weeks in advance and this is putting people off, the other cm only asks for 1 week in advance and she has 3 mindees. Obviously people cannot afford too big ammount at the mo but all areas are different.

TBH if its still as quiet when i get reg then i will prob do as much as i can to get the mindees even if it doesnt always make the best business sense IYKWIM?
I would rather have some money coming in than none and can always tweak things later when it picks up!

It's a small world
14-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks for your advice. Think I will offer weekly and monthly. That way those who get paid monthly may want to pay all up front can do and know it's been dealt with (one less thing to worry about- thats how I used to look at it) and those who can't pay up large amounts in one go have the option paying weekly- if I come across any problems I have my policy on fees and late fees etc.
Thanks again

Kx