PDA

View Full Version : Surrey Minders Conference In Epsom 2009

Blaze
12-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Who's going tomorrow?

...Yes Dee I know you are !!!!LOL:D

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
is this for a specific area? Just asking we don't have a conference in sutton, was wondering if it's open to all childminders in Surrey?

Would love to come to next one if it is open house. Could you let me know when it is - would love to meet some of the faces from the forum too.

wendywu
12-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Its great you get Penny Tassoni book after her session. She is very good.

You also get to do a boomwacker session with a quite nice looking chappie and get to keep your boomwackers as well. Twinkles and i wanted private lessons from him:blush:

A nice lunch and lots of coffee :clapping:

deeb66
12-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Who's going tomorrow?

...Yes Dee I know you are !!!!LOL:D

Of course I am :laughing:

I have got to be there!

Dee
xx

deeb66
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
is this for a specific area? Just asking we don't have a conference in sutton, was wondering if it's open to all childminders in Surrey?

Would love to come to next one if it is open house. Could you let me know when it is - would love to meet some of the faces from the forum too.

Hiya

You do have to come under the County of Surrey but I think that you come under London don't you?

I know that Sutton is in Surrey but the boarder lines really are weird and I think silly too.

If you do come under the Surrey County Council then you should have received an invite from the Early Years Team.

Dee
xx

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh, shame. Not invited then. Ah well. We had our first networking (not network) meeting in 2 1/2 years last saturday. It was our early years team, no speakers as such but I suppose it was a start!

deeb66
12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, shame. Not invited then. Ah well. We had our first networking (not network) meeting in 2 1/2 years last saturday. It was our early years team, no speakers as such but I suppose it was a start!

It is a shame.

As you say at least it is a start and hopefully they will start working more closely with you and doing more of these sorts of events.

Blaze
12-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Its great you get Penny Tassoni book after her session. She is very good.

You also get to do a boomwacker session with a quite nice looking chappie and get to keep your boomwackers as well. Twinkles and i wanted private lessons from him:blush:

A nice lunch and lots of coffee :clapping:

The Early Years book...typical...I've bought it!:rolleyes:

Yey to the boomwackers though!:clapping:
(& always nice to have a pretty face to look at)!;) :laughing:

Blaze
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Aggghhhhh...my lift has just cancelled!

Not sure if I can get there now!:(

littletreasures
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM

I went to that too Juggler. Julie sounded really good and I have been told that if she says she is going to do something she will get it done!!!

Did you know the other one would come round to see you before your inspection if you wanted?? I wonder how many people actually do ask her round. Not sure how helpful she would be.

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
she did and if the new development officer is going to be an EYP as she says, then hopefully the advice we seek or are given will be worthwhile seeking (if you know what I mean).

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I went to that too Juggler. Julie sounded really good and I have been told that if she says she is going to do something she will get it done!!!

Did you know the other one would come round to see you before your inspection if you wanted?? I wonder how many people actually do ask her round. Not sure how helpful she would be.

Sorry, yes, I did know she'd come round if you wanted but don't you think people should be getting visited anyway? Especially when starting out.