PDA

View Full Version : Help with EYFS course homework

Joannechildmind
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I have the 2nd part of my EYFS course tomorrow and havent touched upon planning or observations so they are still a little mind boggling to me.
the homework:eek: i had last time was -

Looking at one of the Environments look at my setting now
Look at how things are going on in my setting.

Three observations on setting at different times of the day

Are the resourses Assesable to children, if they are not how can i make them?
Or how can you improve your setting?

Im a bit confused as to what i need to do.

I have done 3 observations but they dont really 'tell' me anything. :panic:

Help someone plz :panic:

Blaze
12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
OK ...you need to self evaluate your settibg.

What are your obs?

Sorry...gotta go...be back in a bit!

sarah707
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Obs 1 - child x is interested in the dinosaurs...

Can he access them independently or do you have to get them out for him?

What if he had limited speech and wanted them but they were on a high shelf / cupboard etc?

Obs 2 - child y is really into mark making ...

How do you know? Maybe it's something mum has told you.

What resources do you have available for him?

Are they out all the time or do you have to put them away because of baby?

Obs 3 - child z is learning to jump...

What can you provide to help him?

What do you have that he can jump off?

How about jumping songs? Do you have a list?

He keeps trying to jump off the steps in your garden... are they safe for him? How can you make them safer?

Think about... how could you make the play and learning environment for the children better? :D

Joannechildmind
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
ok thanks Blaze, Indoor Enviroment

ok 10.30AM - E and L (9 mths) wake from there morning nap and are happy to play with the musical toys and crawl around the room. E and L want the same toy so i move another musical toy within there reach. i have 2 boxes of baby toys which i change throughout the day.

1.30pm - J and S (3.5 and 4) back from Nursery, they want to play dinosaurs and run around the living room i suggest playing with the dinosaur puzzle as it is quiet time because the little ones are asleep. They are happy with this and they take it in turns to add pieces of the puzzle.

4pm - The Older ones are playing with the computer J wants to join in, he sits a watches for a while, then i suggest we do some drawing while he is waiting. J sits at the table and draws a lovely picture for his mum.

Thats it:panic:

huggableshelly
12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
wow clever Sarah ........

i've nothing more to add hee hee

huggableshelly
12-06-2009, 01:28 PM
ok thanks Blaze, Indoor Enviroment

ok 10.30AM - E and L (9 mths) wake from there morning nap and are happy to play with the musical toys and crawl around the room. E and L want the same toy so i move another musical toy within there reach. i have 2 boxes of baby toys which i change throughout the day.

1.30pm - J and S (3.5 and 4) back from Nursery, they want to play dinosaurs and run around the living room i suggest playing with the dinosaur puzzle as it is quiet time because the little ones are asleep. They are happy with this and they take it in turns to add pieces of the puzzle.

4pm - The Older ones are playing with the computer J wants to join in, he sits a watches for a while, then i suggest we do some drawing while he is waiting. J sits at the table and draws a lovely picture for his mum.

Thats it:panic:

hoping you have now spotted Sarah's reply that should give you enough to expand and see how you have changed things .....
for example obs 1 the insturments were out of reach, you made them accessable by moving them, maybe you could relocate them to a lower level whislt the children are enjoying them.

obs 2 - did the child get the puzzle themselves or did you need to get it?

obs 3 same again were the drawing tools available for a child to help themselves too? how can you improve this?

Joannechildmind
12-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks Sarah and huggableshelly i know what im doing now for the moment :blush: lol
Im hoping after the course tomorrow everything will just fall into place in my brain :blush:

Thanks again everyone

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Sarah and huggableshelly i know what im doing now for the moment :blush: lol
Im hoping after the course tomorrow everything will just fall into place in my brain :blush:

Thanks again everyone

How did your course go?

Angel xx