PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow mindees last day - want to make it great - ideas please?

balloon
11-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, as it says in the title, tomorrow is one of my mindees last day (it's the one where I refused to negotiate a new contract due to parent probs)

I've bought her a lovely Disney princess story book and some 'party' food that we can have for lunch. I'm also going to give her a doll which is her total favourite here (the one she takes to bed etc)

I'd love to make it a really special day for her but am lost as to how to go about it. Any suggestions please?

She keeps saying stuff like 'next week when I come to your house' so I don't know if she actually knows or not. I've told her heaps this week that I love her lots and she can always come to me and say hello and give me a big hug if she sees me in co op or at the park etc, I don't want her to think she's done anything wrong or that I don't like her any more but at the same time I don't really feel it's my place to tell her... What do others do?

katickles
11-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I have had tea party's for mine leaving & a little gift. I also put together an additional photo album for the parents, adding loads of photographs of the child since being with me.

As for the child - what you have planned sounds lovely. Maybe just let her lead the day, do all the things she likes doings. I hope she enjoys her day with you. x

christinajanep
11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
isnt it very hard when your mindees leave. When i started i got very attached to a little boy (he was my first mindee) his parents were going through a hard time and seperated in the end, he used to come looking v sad some days then she pulled him out due to payment issues. i was totally gutted to the point of crying after he went. thats the only down side of this job:mad:

Cazz
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I can't offer any ideas from an experience point of view as I haven't started yet but the party lunch and what you are planning to give as gifts sounds lovely.

I also think it's really nice that you've told your mindee how much you care and that they can always come to you - as you say being so young they could easily think it may be their fault that they stop coming to your house.

It must be so hard when a mindee leaves - hope you have a fantastic last day together tomorrow.

Carole x

Pudding Girl
11-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know chick, hard when you don't know if they know they are going, so I wouldn't dwell on it with her too much, just have a normal super fun packed day :)

Have to say as a leaving gift I would have been tempted to buy her a new pair of shoes though!!
:D :littleangel:

mrs c
12-06-2009, 06:41 AM
I think what you have planned sounds good and am sure the child will enjoy it. You are giving the book and the doll is something she will treasure. Don't think you could really do much more given the circumstances.

Tippy Toes
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
This is the part of the job I am not looking forward to!! I just know I am going to get attached to the children I look after. :(

I think your idea is lovely x :)

Pudding Girl
12-06-2009, 10:11 AM
How's it going Moony?

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 06:37 PM
How did last day go hope it went ok

Angel xx